Not long ago I wanted an easy treat for my family. After checking what I currently have in my pantry, in the form of chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and other “mix-ins” I settled on these Ultimate Chocolate M&M Cookies.
After a long week, my family was joyful to come home and find these cookies in our cookie jar. Both of my boys endured numerous quizzes and tests as well as a special school project. I thought we were due for something sweet!
These ultimate chocolate M&M cookies are chocolaty good with cocoa and chocolate candies. If you want a little more texture add a cup of nuts, either walnuts or pecans. We think they are yummy just the way they are.
Looking for MORE chocolate recipes?
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups Mini M&M Chocolate Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugars until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and beat to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together. Slowly add to butter mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Fold in mini M&M's. Chill dough at least one hour and up to 24 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 - 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.