Full of fall flavors my Apple Cider Pecan Granola is easy to make, keeps for a few days, and makes a great snack or topping for yogurt.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with Taylor & Colledge, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, and Republic of Tea for #FallFlavors week. All opinions are my own.
- Pecans (from Millican Pecan)
- Boiling Water
- Hot Apple Cider Tea (From Republic of Tea)
- Oat crackers (from Nairn’s)
- Vanilla Bean Paste (From Taylor & Colledge)
- Sugar (from Dixie Crystals)
- Vegetable Oil
How do you make granola?
Making granola takes patience and time. From start to finish my apple cider pecan granola takes about 2 hours, maybe a bit longer to cool down enough to store it or package it up for gift giving.
When making granola you have to stir it occasionally as it bakes. This keeps it from burning. Here’s a tip you’re going to want to heed…when you stir it remove it from the oven. Why? Because you don’t want to spill the oats, nuts, and coconut onto the bottom of your oven. It’s messy, will burn and you can’t clean it up while the oven is hot.
Just take the baking sheet out and stir it on a cooling rack on the counter. You’ll be glad you did. Trust me on this!
With some granola recipes you get clumps of granola but this recipe is looser. I happy to enjoy both. This has a chewier texture which makes it the perfect topping.
How can I use granola?
There are so many ways to use granola beside the aforementioned snacking and yogurt topping. Here are some other ways to try:
- Topping for a fruit crisp
- As part of a trail mix
- Topping for pudding
- In place of croutons in a salad
- Before baking muffins top the batter with it and bake for a nice streusel-like topping
- Top a vegetable gratin with granola after baking
- Make chocolate granola bark
More Granola Recipes
If you’re like my family you LOVE granola! We snack on it, eat it with milk like cereal and use it to top yogurt parfaits.
- 2 Hot Apple Cider tea bags, I used the Republic of Tea
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole pecans, I used Millican Pecan
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, I used Taylor & Colledge
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 250°. Steep Hot Apple Cider tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, pecans, and coconut. Discard tea bags.
- Stir honey, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla bean paste, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into tea. Pour tea mixture over oat mixture and mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10-in. a rimmed pan that has been greased with butter. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes, about 1 hour. Cool completely without stirring; store in an airtight container.
More #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a ½ lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Six (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.