Full of fall flavors my Apple Cider Pecan Granola is easy to make, keeps for a few days, and makes a great snack or topping for yogurt.
Ingredients for Apple Cider Pecan Granola
- Boiling Water
- Hot Apple Cider Tea (From the Republic of Tea)
- Oat crackers (from Nairn’s)
- Vanilla Bean Paste
- Vegetable Oil
How do you make granola?
Making granola takes patience and time. From start to finish my apple cider pecan granola takes about 2 hours, maybe a bit longer to cool down enough to store it or package it up for gift-giving.
When making granola you have to stir it occasionally as it bakes. This keeps it from burning. Here’s a tip you’re going to want to heed…when you stir it remove it from the oven. Why? Because you don’t want to spill the oats, nuts, and coconut onto the bottom of your oven. It’s messy, will burn and you can’t clean it up while the oven is hot.
Just take the baking sheet out and stir it on a cooling rack on the counter. You’ll be glad you did. Trust me on this!
With some granola recipes, you get clumps of granola but this recipe is looser. I happy to enjoy both. This has a chewier texture which makes it the perfect topping.
How can I use granola?
There are so many ways to use granola besides the aforementioned snacking and yogurt topping. Here are some other ways to try:
- Topping for a fruit crisp
- As part of a trail mix
- Topping for pudding
- In place of croutons in a salad
- Before baking muffins top the batter with it and bake for a nice streusel-like topping
- Top a vegetable gratin with granola after baking
- Make chocolate granola bark
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- All of the ingredients are readily available.
- It makes a great gift.
- It travels well. You can take some to work for a parfait with yogurt as a mid-morning snack.
- It’s super easy to make.
- It’s good for you.
- It’s versatile. You could use this apple cider pecan granola as a topping for an apple crisp.
More Granola Recipes
If you’re like my family you LOVE granola! We snack on it, eat it with milk like cereal and use it to top yogurt parfaits.
- Almond Pecan Granola
- Chocolate Chip Maple Pecan Granola
- Savory Granola
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Granola Bars
- 2 Hot Apple Cider tea bags, I used the Republic of Tea
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups whole pecans, I used Millican Pecan
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, I used Taylor & Colledge
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 250°. Steep Hot Apple Cider tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, pecans, and coconut. Discard tea bags.
- Stir honey, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla bean paste, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into tea. Pour tea mixture over oat mixture and mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly in a 15x10-in. a rimmed pan that has been greased with butter. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes, about 1 hour. Cool completely without stirring; store in an airtight container.