Did you know you can use your waffle maker for more than traditional waffles? Cheddar and chive eggs over cheesy hash brown waffles takes breakfast to the next level.
This post, for Cheddar and Chive Eggs over Cheesy Hash Brown Waffles, is sponsored in conjunction with #EasterBrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of recipes. All opinions are mine.
So, when I received the Hamilton Beach waffle maker I was excited to make something fun. I’ve seen so many recipes using convenience foods like refrigerator cinnamon rolls to make fun waffles.
After a few minutes poking around the fridge and freezer, I found I had a bag of frozen hash browns in the freezer so I thought making a waffle with them would be delicious and fun. To complete the meal I added eggs and bacon to make Cheddar and chive eggs over cheesy hash brown waffles. Stacking them makes them all the more fun!
If I say so myself hash brown waffles are a brilliant addition to breakfast or brunch. First, they are oil-free. Usually, when you fry frozen hash browns, you do so in oil. Plus they take much longer to get nice and crispy.
Flipping them can be a challenge too. Not so when you make waffle hash browns. Just be sure to carefully spread the potatoes around so they cook evenly. The result will be crispy deliciousness.
When putting the potatoes on the waffle maker, don’t worry about spreading them to the edge. They look rustic and homemade plus you don’t want to over-stuff the waffle maker. When making scrambled eggs, heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. You can add a bit of butter, but I usually don’t.
Crack eggs separately then add to a medium bowl. Why do this? In the event you get a bad egg you don’t ruin all the other eggs. Trust me, this happened to me recently. Some people add a splash of water or milk but it’s not necessary.
Whip the eggs with a small whisk until well incorporated. Add to pan and immediately begin moving the eggs around with a spatula until they are set. One of the reasons I love Eggland’s Best is because they are so healthy for you.
The hearty stack of a hash brown waffle, bacon and Cheddar and chive eggs is a great way to start the day. It’s also an impressive dish for brunch. This was a hit with my family which is always a win but almost as good is the easy clean-up. This Hamilton Beach waffle maker has removable grids making them easy to clean. I served my strawberry vanilla smoothie alongside this meal.
Cheddar and Chive Eggs over Cheesy Hash Brown Waffles
Take breakfast or brunch to the next level with the stacked breakfast dish. Hash browns, bacon and eggs complete the meal.
- 6 Eggland's Best eggs, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, divided
- Spray the Hamilton Beach removable grid waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray. Heat to number 2 (medium).
- Whisk one egg with pepper in a large bowl until well blended. Add thawed potatoes and ½ cup Cheddar cheese. Mix well until potatoes soak up the egg.
- Spoon about 1 cup of potato mixture around center of waffle grid. Carefully and quickly even out the mixture. It does not need to go to the edges. Close lid and flip. Cook 12 - 15 minutes, depending on thickness of potatoes. Do not open waffle maker to check!
- When done, lift waffle off grid, carefully, with fork. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Meanwhile whisk milk, 1 tablespoon chives and remaining eggs until blended. Add to medium skillet, set to medium heat and cook 5 - 10 minutes or until eggs are set, stirring frequently.
- To serve: Place hash brown waffle on plate, top with 2 slices of cooked bacon, ¼ of eggs, sprinkle each plate with ¼ of the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining chive.s
I like to make cheesy casseroles, roasted veggies, some sweets and cakes.
I haven’t had hashbrowns in far too long, and in waffle form is even more amazing!
I love to make double stuffed potatoes with plenty of cheese and vegan bacon bits on top.