Apples, brie, pecans, and maple syrup all snuggled up in a crescent roll make the delicious appetizer, Apple Brie Roll-Ups.
An at-a-glance list of what you need to make this recipe.
- Crescent Rolls – found in the grocer’s refrigerator section
- Apples – I like Granny Smith
- Brie Cheese – usually found in the deli
- Pure Maple Syurp – use the good stuff!
- Pecans – totally optional but a nice addition
How do you make Apple Brie Roll Ups?
Ever since we returned from our summer vacation to New England I’ve been on an apple and maple kick.
It’s a classic flavor combination so why not combine them all with a few pecans for a fall appetizer?
I chose the Granny Smith variety for this dish but you could certainly use Honey Crisp or Gala.
Slice the apples into about 1/4 inch slices so as not to overpower the dish yet still keep the crunch.
Using chopped pecans allows a little bit in each bite.
Find the best maple syrup you can you can afford. Whatever you use, don’t use pancake syrup.
It is important to note that when you roll up the crescents, seal the ends…well. There were one or two that I did not pinch the ends very well and the gooey goodness of the brie oozed out.
More Apple Brie Recipes
- Maple Apple Pecan Brie Bites – A delicious appetizer that’s always a hit.
- Cheesy Brie and Apple Pull-Apart Bread – Such a fun appetizer for a game day party.
- Brie, Apple, and Honey Crostini – Elegant but takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
Apple Brie Roll Ups
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescents 8 pack
- ½ wheel of Brie cheese sliced into 1/2 inch slices (need 8)
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and cut to 1/4 inch slices (need 8)
- ⅛ cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare crescents by separating at perforations and laying out on prepared baking sheet.
- Place an apple slice on the long end of each crescent, leaving a bit of room at the top to begin rolling. Top with a slice of brie and a few chopped pecans. Drizzle each crescent with ¼ teaspoon of pure maple syrup. Gently roll up crescents starting with long end and pull corners to seal completely. They should be at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375℉ for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet to serving dish. Serve warm.