I’m kicking off apple week with this yummy appetizer that includes apples, brie, pecans and maple syrup. Ever since we returned from our summer vacation to New England I’ve been on an apple and maple kick. It’s a classic flavor combination as is apple and brie so why not combine them all with a few pecans for a fall appetizer? I chose the Granny Smith variety for this dish but you could certainly use Honey Crisp or Gala. Since the crescents bake for only about 10 minutes I wanted a variety that would hold up. Slice the apples into about ¼ inch slices so as not to overpower the dish yet still keep the crunch. Using chopped pecans allows a little bit in each bite. Find the best maple syrup you can. Buy what you can afford but use REAL maple syrup, not pancake syrup. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
It is important to note that when you roll up the crescents, seal the ends…well. There were one or two that I did not pinch the ends very well and the gooey goodness of the brie oozed out.
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescents (8 pack)
- ½ wheel of Brie cheese, sliced into ½ inch slices (need 8)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut to ¼ inch slices (need 8)
- ⅛ cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare crescents by separating at perforations and laying out on prepared baking sheet.
- Place an apple slice on the long end of each crescent, leaving a bit of room at the top to begin rolling. Top with a slice of brie and a few chopped pecans. Drizzle each crescent with ¼ teaspoon of pure maple syrup. Gently roll up crescents starting with long end and pull corners to seal completely. They should be at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet to serving dish. Serve warm.
Monday: Appetizers and Drinks
Apple Cider Margaritas by A Palatable Pastime
Caramel Appletini by The Speckled Palate
Hot and Boozy Caramel Apple Cider by Love My Messy Messy Mess
Hot Fireball Apple Cider by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Mulled Apple Shrub Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Spice Crockpot Apple Sauce by I Say Nomato
Red Hot Apple Cider by New South Charm
Roasted Apple and Acorn Squash Soup by Caroline’s Cooking
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Tuesday: Main Dishes and Sides
Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Chopped Apple Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Fall Apples Become Yummy Applesauce for the Year by Crafty Mama in ME
Harvest Brats with Apple Slaw by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Sausage Stuffed Apples by A Palatable Pastime
Sage Pork Chops with Apple Pan Gravy by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Scalloped Apple Casserole by Red Cottage Chronicles
Southern Style Fried Apples by New South Charm
Wednesday: Sweet Treats
Apple Oatmeal Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Apple Pie & Cinnamon Things by Crafty Mama in ME
Apple Pie in a Jar by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Baked Apples with Chocolate and Caramel by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake by Family Around The Table
Thursday: Apple Projects
Apple Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
Friday: Anything Apple Goes
1 Minute Caramel Apple Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs, and Kids
Apple Crisp Shortbread Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Apple Fritters by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Apple Pie Skillet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Caramelized Apple and Bacon Jam Crostini by Caroline’s Cooking
Creamy Peanut Butter Apple Dip by New South Charm