Math classes everywhere will celebrate Pi Day. You know 3.14, the mathematical constant, the irrational number used in many formulas in all areas of mathematics and physics. The one thing that if you’re not good at math or like math that you probably remember from your youth. So to celebrate Pi Day, I made brownie mint pie. Six of them actually. Why so many? Because I make them for my boys to take into their math classes to share with the class and teacher. This is my fourth year making pies.
In previous years I’ve made whoopie pies but moon pies would be fun too. I’ve made chicken pot pie for dinner as well. The kids love the treat and the teachers appreciate a minor diversion. Truth be told, I hate math and anyone who knows me well, knows this, but I love baking so this is has become a tradition.
Sometimes you need easy recipes, super easy recipes. This is one of those super easy recipes. Brownie mint pie starts with a brownie mix. You’ll notice in the photo and the recipe that I used a frozen pie crust. In the interest of time when making so many for the kids, I switched it up and used store-bought Oreo cookie crusts. A real time saver since there is no thawing time. Both types of crusts make a delicious pie. I would say it’s a matter of preference just how much chocolate you want in the pie.
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 (18.3 ounce) package brownie mix
- Ingredients to prepare brownie mix (eggs, water, oil)
- 20 Andes mints, chopped
- Ice cream
- More chopped mints for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. (You can make them to your taste, fudge-like or cake-like)
- Fold in chopped Andes mints.
- Pour batter into thawed pie crust and bake for 50 - 60 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out with crumbs.
- Serve with ice cream and chopped mints.
Pi Day Pie Recipes
- Beef Stew Pot Pie with Homemade Puff Pastry Topping by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Brownie Mint Pie by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Mint Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Velvet Pie with Meringue Crust by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Streusel Topped Carrot Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Coconut Chess Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Crazy Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Cupcake Tin Mini Pies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Easy Buttermilk Pie Recipe by West Via Midwest
- Easy Lemon Pie by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Lamb, Basmati Rice, and Grape Leaf Pi(e) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mini Custard Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies by Cookaholic Wife
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie by Everyday Eileen
- Shamrock Shake Pie by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Smoked Salmon and Herb Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Torta Pascualina (Spinach Ricotta Pie) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Upside Down Apple Pie by Jolene’s Recipe Journal