Love is in the air and your valentine is sure to fall in love with these chocolate chip brownies. After all, who doesn’t love chocolate for Valentine’s Day? I can honestly say this is THE best from-scratch brownie recipe I’ve ever made. Lots of chocolaty goodness with cocoa powder and two types of chocolate chips. I needed a snack for an end of season sports party and went looking on the Taste of Home website. These fit the bill and have now become a quick favorite in our house. The recipe calls for nuts but I omitted them since I was making them for school. Plus the chocolate chips covered the top of each pan. I used semi-sweet but you could certainly use milk if you prefer.
Some blogger friends and I have put together a delicious collection of recipes for Valentine’s Day that your sweetie is sure to enjoy. Links to their blogs are at the bottom of this post.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- Baking spray with flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-inch square baking pans with a cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until blended, being very careful to not overmix.
- Pour into both of the prepared baking pans. Sprinkle with semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pans before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.