A taste of spring in every bite, these mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze are a fun individual dessert or a delicious treat for friends and family. They are easy to make, full of lemon flavor, with a soft tender texture.
These sweet lemon cakes are perfect for all of your spring entertaining. Whether you’re hosting a spring or Mother’s Day brunch, Easter celebration, or baby or bridal shower, these cakes will be the star of the party.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals and Taylor & Colledge in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received free products to aid in the creation of the recipes. All opinions are my own.
You’ll need lemon zest for this recipe, in addition to the lemon paste extract. Zest is nothing more than very fine lemon (or lime, orange, or another citrus) peel. It’s fragrant and adds subtle flavor to recipes.
What’s the easiest way to zest a lemon?
Using a Microplane zester is the easiest way to accomplish zesting. See the recipe card for the one I use. It’s one of my favorite tools in the kitchen.
The best part about a Microplane is it takes just the skin of the lemon or other citrus fruit such as limes, oranges, or grapefruits. No white pith under the skin. What’s wrong with the pith you ask? It’s bitter. When you get too far into the white you risk a bitterness for your dish.
Reading through the recipe you’ll see it starts with a cake mix. What makes these lemon cakes so delicious is the way you doctor it up. The egg whites make the crumb softer, more delicate, and light, almost fluffy.
A taste of spring in every bite, these mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze are a fun individual dessert or a delicious treat for friends and family. They are easy to make, full of lemon flavor, and perfect for spring. #lemon #cake
Lemon lovers will enjoy these recipes too:
Do you want to stay up to date with Family Around the Table?
Then, if you like some of the items I use or are just looking for a great gift idea, you need to head over and check out my Amazon Store. Find fun kitchen tools, cookbooks, cocktail accessories, holiday essentials, and much more. If you make a purchase, I received a teeny tiny commission at no additional charge to you.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract Paste (I used Taylor & Colledge)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Extract Paste (I used Taylor & Colledge)
- Garnish: lemon zest,
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 6-cup mini loaf pan (I used a Circulon pan, see below) with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cake mix, egg whites, 1 cup water, oil, and lemon extract at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 - 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Lemon Icing. Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
- Make Cream Cheese Icing:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at high speed until creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium. Add confectioners’ sugar, lemon extract, and lemon juice, beating until combined. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until icing is pourable but thickly coats the back of a spoon.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime Mini Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook’s Pantry
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity in donating the prizes and providing products for recipe creation.