A taste of spring in every bite, these mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze are a fun individual dessert or a delicious treat for friends and family. They are easy to make, full of lemon flavor, with a soft tender texture.
These sweet lemon cakes are perfect for all of your spring entertaining. Whether you’re hosting a spring or Mother’s Day brunch, Easter celebration, or baby or bridal shower, these cakes will be the star of the party.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals and Taylor & Colledge in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received free products to aid in the creation of the recipes. All opinions are my own.
You’ll need lemon zest for this recipe, in addition to the lemon paste extract. Zest is nothing more than very fine lemon (or lime, orange, or another citrus) peel. It’s fragrant and adds subtle flavor to recipes.
What’s the easiest way to zest a lemon?
Using a Microplane zester is the easiest way to accomplish zesting. See the recipe card for the one I use. It’s one of my favorite tools in the kitchen.
The best part about a Microplane is it takes just the skin of the lemon or other citrus fruit such as limes, oranges, or grapefruits. No white pith under the skin. What’s wrong with the pith you ask? It’s bitter. When you get too far into the white you risk a bitterness for your dish.
Reading through the recipe you’ll see it starts with a cake mix. What makes these lemon cakes so delicious is the way you doctor it up. The egg whites make the crumb softer, more delicate, and light, almost fluffy.
A taste of spring in every bite, these mini lemon cakes with lemon glaze are a fun individual dessert or a delicious treat for friends and family. They are easy to make, full of lemon flavor, and perfect for spring. #lemon #cake
Lemon lovers will enjoy these recipes too:
Do you want to stay up to date with Family Around the Table?
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract Paste (I used Taylor & Colledge)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Extract Paste (I used Taylor & Colledge)
- Garnish: lemon zest,
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 6-cup mini loaf pan (I used a Circulon pan, see below) with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cake mix, egg whites, 1 cup water, oil, and lemon extract at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 - 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Lemon Icing. Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
- Make Cream Cheese Icing:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at high speed until creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium. Add confectioners’ sugar, lemon extract, and lemon juice, beating until combined. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until icing is pourable but thickly coats the back of a spoon.
Monday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Pineapple Mini Loaves by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hot Cross Bundt Cake by Nik Snacks
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Key Lime Lavender Curd by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Kiwi Coconut Key Lime Mini Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Kumquat Pie by Eat Move Make
- Lavender Lemon Mini Loaves by Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lavender Macarons by Jen Around the World
- Lemon White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes by Art of Natural Living
- Mandarin Orange and Rhubarb Mini Loaves by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mandarin Orange Donuts with Ganache Glaze by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mini Blueberry Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Cakes with Lemon Glaze by Family Around the Table
- Mini Pound Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake by Pook’s Pantry
- No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Rhubarb Breakfast Bread by For the Love of Food
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Crumb Topping by Blogghetti
- Vegan Chocolate Loaf Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- White Chocolate Latte Cupcakes by That Recipe
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity in donating the prizes and providing products for recipe creation. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes so take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to their website so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas. Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit their website to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes. Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap! Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all-natural, non-GMO, and provide consistently delicious results. Visit Dixie Crystals for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos. Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats. Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. Melissa’s brand is named after their daughter, who takes an active role in the company. Visit Melissa’s Produce to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes! Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and a 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen. Circulon’s commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy cleanup. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations. Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking! Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Nairn’s Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn’s Gluten-Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten-Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn’s Gluten-Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn’s Organic Oat Crackers. Nairn’s knows a thing or two about oats, they’ve been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range.a Rafflecopter giveaway