I love individual desserts for a few reasons. First, it’s always fun to get your very own dessert. Second, it’s portion control and third, there are no tempting leftovers. These individual warm chocolate truffle cakes are rich and delicious but not too heavy to indulge in after a meal. That makes them ideal for dessert after a holiday meal like Easter.
These individual warm chocolate truffle cakes are really a chocolate lover’s dream come true and if you like truffles, you will definitely enjoy this dessert. It’s a fairly dense cake but moist with a melt in your mouth texture.
Make this dessert not only for Easter, but it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’ Day or a small birthday celebration. I just lightly dusted them with confectioners’ sugar but you could top them them with fresh berries and whipped cream was well.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and butter over medium-low heat. Cook until melted, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, yolks and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to sugar mixture whisking to combine.
- Stir chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Refrigerate mixture 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 (6 ounce) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray, dust with sugar. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup batter into each ramekin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before dusting with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Patch Chocolate Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
- Citrus Tarragon Asparagus Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Easy Easter Candy Bark by Daily Dish Recipes
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Horseradish Deviled Eggs by Everyday Eileen
- Individual Warm Chocolate Truffle Cakes by Family Around the Table
- Lemon Coconut Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Pancetta Brussels Sprouts by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pineapple Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Polish White Borscht – Bialy Barszcz by All that’s Jas
- Turkey Ham Potato Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings