A pink flirtini cocktail is a little bit tart but not too sweet. A vodka drink that’s sure to be a hit for Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day, or a bridal shower.
This pink flirtini recipe is a little different than others you may have seen. Most use raspberry vodka but, to be honest, I don’t think there’s a great one on the market. Please comment on this post if you have a favorite.
So, that said, I like to take the fresh route, which is also the less expensive route, especially if you already have a bottle of vodka.
Take 3 or 4 raspberries and put them in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, or the back of a long spoon, crush them before adding the other ingredients. Then add the vodka and violà, raspberry vodka without having to buy a bottle.
Rimming the edge of the coupe, or champagne glass is totally optional but I think it really adds to the presentation of the cocktail. For me, the easiest way to rim the glass is to put the sugar crystals on a flat plate, moisten the rim with a slice of orange, preferably, and roll the edge of the glass in the sugar. You may have to go back and dip places that didn’t get good coverage.
Don’t stress if you don’t have coupe glasses. Personally, I love them and if you do too you can see the ones I used in the recipe card below. You could use a champagne flute or martini glass.
I used Cava which is a sparkling wine from Spain but you can use any sparkling wine including Prosecco or Champagne.
This flirtini cocktail is served without ice so be sure to strain it. Straining it not only keeps out the ice but the raspberry pulp.
My husband found this to be on the tart side while I thought it was just perfect. If you want to tamp down the tartness, add simple syrup, a teaspoon at a time, until it’s to your liking. We did this once we had
Are you looking for more vodka drinks? Try these:
Valentine’s Day Cocktails
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shooters from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Pink Flirtini Cocktail from Family Around The Table
- Champagne Punch For Two from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Valentine’s Day Cupid’s Cocktail from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Butterfly Pea Whiskey Sour from The Spiffy Cookie
- Date Night Wine Cocktail For Two from Our Good Life
- 3 ounces vodka
- 8 raspberries, divided
- 1 ½ ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- Sparkling wine, chilled, such as Cava, Prosecco, or Champagne
- Red Sugar Crystals
- Place a couple of tablespoons of red sugar crystals on a plate. Moisten the rim of 2 coupe cocktail glasses with water, or preferably an orange slice. Dip moistened rim in red sugar, coating the outer edge and set aside.
- On a cocktail pick skewer 2 raspberries. Repeat with the remaining 2 raspberries.
- In a cocktail shaker add 4 raspberries. Using a muddler or back of a long spoon crush the raspberries in the bottom.
- Add the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and ice to the shaker. Shake until combined.
- Strain into the prepared coupe glasses leaving room to add a bit of sparkling wine.
- Garnish with the skewered raspberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.