Chocolate and peppermint are such a classic combination, especially during the holidays. These Chocolate Stuffed Peppermint Cookies take Christmas cookies to the next level.
One bite and your taste buds are met with the cool flavor of peppermint. It’s subtle and not overpowering in this cookie.
Ingredients for Chocolate Stuffed Peppermint Cookies
Not including the peppermint patties, you probably have everything in your pantry to make these cookies with a Christmas flair.
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Mini Peppermint Patties (I used York Minis)
Chocolate peppermint lovers are really going to fall for these cookies. Rich chocolate flavor married with the cool burst of peppermint make for a classic cookie.
These peppermint patty cookies are slightly soft but sturdy making them perfect for mailing. Family and friends are sure to love this recipe using York peppermint patties. Even though it’s the mini version.
Tips and Tricks
These will make your life easier when making this recipe. Plus the last one just might be life changing.
- Use a cookie scoop to make even cookies.
- Roll the dough in a ball and flatten the ball. Place the peppermint patty in the center and cover it completely with the cookie dough.
- Don’t skip letting the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few mintues. If you move them too soon, they could break.
- These peppermint filled cookies are so good warm from the oven. Once completely cool, store in a covered container on the counter.
- Reheat cookies, one or two at a time, in the microwave for 5-7 seconds to warm them.
More Peppermint Cookies
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Peppermint Blossom Cookies
- Peppermint Meltaway Cookies
Chocolate Stuffed Peppermint Cookies
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 24 mini YORK Peppermint Patties
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar. Add in egg, milk, and vanilla extract, blending thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture, incorporating well. Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. (Dough will still be a little soft).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, line with parchment paper, or use a silicone baking mat. Remove wrappers from peppermint patties.
- Roll dough into 1 ¼ inch balls. For each cookie flatten the ball slightly and gently press one peppermint pattie into the dough. Mold dough around the pattie so that it is completely covered. Place on prepared cookie sheet..
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until the cookie is set. Cool slightly, about 3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.