Who doesn’t like to have some no-bake desserts in their repertoire? I found this no-bake Oreos and cream dessert in one of my Mom’s recipe books. Her recipes are a mixture of hand-written and clipped. This one was hand written, almost as she thought it out. There was no traditional list of ingredients, just all paragraphs. I rewrote it making it easier to understand and so you can make a shopping list.
I’m so glad I found this recipe in my Mom’s collection. I know I’ve said this before but I always see something I’ve not seen before. I do remember her making this for summer parties. My kids devoured, and husband, devoured this dessert. Now I’ll be making it often too.
More of my Mom’s favorite recipes include Gigi’s baked beans, Mom’s Southwest Georgia pound cake, and Mom’s peanut butter pie with chocolate crust. Those baked beans are a staple at our summer BBQ parties. The bowl is always empty at the end of the party.
It’s day 3 of #BBQWeek so be sure to check out the delicious recipes below from my blogger friends.
No-Bake Oreos and Cream Dessert
- 1 14.3 ounce package Oreo cookies, not double stuff
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces chocolate syrup
- 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse Oreos until fine crumbs form. Place in a mixing bowl and add melted butter. Stir to combine, making sure all crumbs are moistened.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into ungreased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Freeze at least 1 hour.
- Remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and soften, do not allow to melt! Spread evenly over frozen Oreo crumb crust. Freeze for 1 hour or until ice cream has hardened up.
- In a small saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup. Cool slightly and then pour and spread over ice cream. Freeze 2 hours minimum.
- Once top is frozen, spread Cool Whip evenly over chocolate mixture and return to freezer. Freeze an additional 1 - 2 hours or until topping is frozen and you are ready to serve.
- BBQ Grilled Corn on the Cob by The Spiffy Cookie
- Brown Butter Blondies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Calico Beans with Hamburger by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Patriotic Blueberry Jello Cheesecake Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Easy White Bean Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Burrata Platter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa by Food Above Gold
- Grilled Pork Thai Bowl by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled BBQ Strawberry Shortcake by Our Good Life
- Grilled Tuscan Chicken Flatbreads by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetables with Whipped Avocado Feta Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Honey Citrus Chicken Sandwiches by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Jalapeno Bacon Baked Beans by Sweet Beginnings
- Kaiser Rolls by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- No Bake Oreos and Cream Dessert by Family Around the Table
- Red Skinned Potato Salad by The Beard and The Baker
- Salami and Cream Cheese Roll Ups by Cookaholic Wife
- S’mores Bars by Back To My Southern Roots
- Strawberry Green Iced Tea by Palatable Pastime