This Easy Blueberry Cobbler may not look like a traditional cobbler but it’s magical and delicious. It’s like a layer of blueberries and a layer of cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, an Instacart Tastemaker, as well as a member of other various affiliate programs, I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
This recipe is magical. I say that because you spread the batter into the pan and then scatter blueberries on top. As the cobbler bakes, the blueberries sink to the bottom, just like magic.
While I think you can serve this blueberry cobbler for either breakfast or dessert, many may think it’s only dessert. If that’s the case, add a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream. Certainly not necessary but finishes it off. After all most cobblers are served a la mode.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened plus more for greasing pan
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 4 pints blueberries
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9 X 13" cake pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- with an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Turn off the mixer and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn mixer to a medium-high speed and beat mixture until eggs are fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and gently stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Scatter blueberries on top and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester, toothpick, or butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.