This easy blueberry cobbler may not look like a traditional cobbler but it’s magical and delicious. It’s like a layer of blueberries and a layer of cake.
Blueberries! That’s what this week is all about. My blogger friends and I are sharing all things blueberry. Today’s recipe is for blueberry cobbler.
This recipe is magical. I say that because you spread the batter into the pan and then scatter blueberries on top. As the cobbler bakes, the blueberries sink to the bottom, just like magic.
While I think you can serve this blueberry cobbler for either breakfast or dessert, many may think it’s only dessert. If that’s the case, add a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream. Certainly not necessary but finishes it off. After all most cobblers are served a la mode.
Thank you to Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #BlueberryWeek. More than 20 top notch bloggers are sharing a variety of blueberry recipes from breakfast to dessert. Follow #BlueberryWeek on social media so you don’t miss one delicious recipe.
- Blueberry Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Buttermilk Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- Glazed Blueberry Donut Muffins by Sweet Beginnings
Drinks and Appetizers
- Blueberry Basil Bourbon Smash by Cookaholic Wife
- Blueberry Bubble Tea by Our Good Life
- Blueberry Lemon Naan Bread Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Blueberry Syrup with (Optional) Bourbon by Food Above Gold
- Roasted Blueberry French Toast Crostini by Daily Dish Recipes
Sauces and Spreads
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Saucy Honey & Balsamic Blueberry Jam by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Blueberry Curd by Caroline’s Cooking
- Blueberry Bison Chili by Savory Moments
- Blueberry Romaine Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- 5-Minute Blueberry Cheesecake Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Blueberry Cardamom Crisp by Crumb Top Baking
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cooking For My Soul
- Blueberry Cobbler by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Bars by The Beard and The Baker
- Blueberry, Peach & Brie Slab Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
Blueberry Cobbler makes an easy dessert for summer entertaining. #BlueberryWeek
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 4 pints blueberries
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9 X 13" cake pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- with an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Turn off the mixer and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn mixer to a medium-high speed and beat mixture until eggs are fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and gently stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Scatter blueberries on top and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a cake tester, toothpick, or butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Colleen - Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
Wednesday 17th of July 2019
You can never go wrong with cobbler!
Tuesday 16th of July 2019
Cobblers are so homey and good. Comfort food at it's finest especially when topped with ice cream.