These bite-sized Mini Swiss Quiches are an appetizer you’ll make over and over. While they are perfect to serve for a game day party they are also a wonderful addition to your holiday entertaining menu.
What ingredients do I need to make Mini Swiss Quiches?
All of the ingredients necessary to make these mini appetizers are readily available at your supermarket.
- Refrigerated Pie Crust – Find them in your grocer’s dairy section by the crescent rolls.
- Swiss Cheese – Grate your own for best results with a coarse cheese grater.
- Green Onions – Also known as spring onions.
- Eggs – Use large eggs.
- Milk – I used 2% but whole milk would be fine. I’ve not tested the recipe with alternative dairy products.
- Salt – Use a finer salt like table salt.
You’ll also need a mini muffin tin or two depending on how many wells yours has. The recipe makes 24 mini quiches with a crust. I have a 24-well mini muffin tin to make baking easier and they all come out hot at the same time. Two 12-well mini muffin pans would work too.
What do Mini Swiss Cheese Quiches taste like?
These mini swiss quiches are packed with flavor. One bite and you’ll get nuttiness from the Swiss cheese in a fluffy egg custard sitting on a pastry crust. The spring onions bring a bit of sweetness to the quiche.
How do I serve mini quiche appetizers?
I place the small quiches on a serving platter. Offer cocktail plates or napkins for guests.
I like to serve a nice buttery Chardonnay. It compliments the nuttiness of the Swiss cheese.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Mini Swiss Quiches are a great appetizer for a party, potluck, or movie night.
- They pair nicely with cocktails, wine, or beer.
- They are easy to make and use readily available ingredients.
- They reheat nicely if you have any leftovers.
More Recipes for Mini Muffin Tins
- Mini Cinnamon Sugar Muffins – So delicious with coffee and easily a kid favorite.
- Roasted Red Pepper Mini Asparagus Tarts – The perfect nibble for a brunch table.
- Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins – Great for a grab-and-go breakfast or to tuck into a lunchbox.
Mini Swiss Quiches
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts softened as directed on package
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Unroll pie crusts on cutting board. With 2 1/2 inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from each crust. Press one round into the bottom and up sides of each muffin cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Swiss cheese in each cup. Top with a few onion slices. In a 2 cup measuring cup, beat eggs, parsley, milk and salt with fork until well blended. Pour mixture into crusts, filling to within 1/4 inch of top.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes until golden and filling is set. Cool 2 minutes. With tip of knife, lift quiches from muffin cups and serve warm.