You won’t even miss the flour in these Gluten Free Brownie Cookies. They are fudgy and so brownie-like you’ll be fooled.
When putting together your holiday baking list include this flourless chocolate cookie. Even those who don’t follow a gluten-free diet will enjoy it.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Brownie Cookies
If you love to bake, there’s a really good chance you have all the ingredients in your pantry for these flourless brownie cookies.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
This is a recipe I got from a dear friend of mine. My family doesn’t follow a gluten-free lifestyle but my youngest son thought they were delicious. They are more decadent than you would think.
Tips for Making Gluten Free Cookies
- Check all of your ingredients to make sure they are gluten-free.
- I learned through a friend that not all vanilla is created equal. While most vanilla extracts are gluten free, some are not. Rodelle has a gluten-free vanilla that I used in this recipe.
- Not all chocolate chips are gluten-free. Nestle makes gluten free chocolate chips and those are what I used.
- Incorporate the ingredients well. By mixing well you eliminate the worry of a gritty texture.
- Scoop a smaller cookie. Gluten-free cookies tend to be crumbly. These have a great texture.
- If you cook gluten-free regularly you probably already know these tips. I’m still learning about gluten free baking.
Don’t they look delicious? Trust me when I say there’s rich chocolate goodness in every bite of these gluten free brownie cookies. If you’re wondering how to store these cookies, I put them in a plastic container on my counter. They lasted a few days but I think they would be fine longer.
I also shipped some to my son at college for a friend who is gluten-free. They held up and arrived intact.
If you’re not concerned with gluten intolerance, you could also try my homemade brownie cookies, which are equally delicious.
It’s always a thoughtful gesture to include a gluten-free option when hosting a cookie exchange or holiday party. These cookies are no more difficult to make than any other recipe.
In fact, they are easier since there are fewer ingredients to measure out.
Try these gluten-free peanut butter truffle cookies too. They only have 5 ingredients and melt in your mouth.
Recipe – Gluten Free Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract I used Rodelle
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder I used Rodelle
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips I used Nestle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Mix together butter, brown and white sugars until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add cocoa mixture and mix until everything is well incorporated and there are no streaks of butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake 9 – 11 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove from oven and let cool on pan 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.