Where are the raspberry lovers? You are going to LOVE these easy raspberry ribbon cookies. I say easy because they start with a sugar cookie mix.
My husband loves anything raspberry. No matter whether it’s made with fresh or frozen berries or even jam. He’s the raspberry kid in our family.
He comes by his love of it naturally. He grew up hanging around his family’s bakery in Philadelphia. Plus, his favorite aunt loves raspberry so I’m sure she often had treats when he would visit.
The cookies have a channel in the middle of them that holds the raspberry jam. How do you make the channel you ask?
With the handle of a wooden spoon. When the cookie logs come out of the oven, wait about 2 – 3 minutes and GENTLY press the round wooden handle into the center of the cookie log. Gently draw the handle down the middle to make the indentation being extremely careful not to poke a hole or tear the warm cookie.
Here’s a tip: before placing the raspberry jam in the cookie, stir it well so it’s easier to fill the cookie.
Raspberry ribbon cookies are delicious but delicate. Once filled, let cool completely before cutting. Remove the parchment to a cutting board and slice cookies.
While I think these are more of a cookie, my husband thought it could do double duty as a morning pastry. He’s probably right with the glaze. Store them covered for up to 3 days. Personally, I think they are better the next day and even the day after. No one will ever know they start with a mix.
More recipes for raspberry lovers:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Almond Truffles
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Monday Berry Week Recipes
- Berries and Cream Angel Food Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blackberry Dumplings by Eat Move Make
- Blackberry Lemon Sweet Rolls by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry, Basil and Goat Cheese Galette by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easy Strawberry Mousse Dessert by Blogghetti
- Four Berry Jam by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris by The Redhead Baker
- Mixed Berry Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Ribbon Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Strawberries and Cream Scones by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Vegan Strawberry Pistachio Crisp by The Baking Fairy
- Very Berry Salsa by The Freshman Cook
- 1 (17.5 ounce) pouch sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch as directed for drop cookies
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make cookie dough as directed on package for drop cookies, adding flour; blend. Divide dough into thirds. Shape each third into a 12-inch log. Place logs 3 inches apart on 2 ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Using the handle of a wooden spoon or finger, make a depression about 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 inch deep lengthwise down center of each roll. Fill indentations on each roll with generous raspberry jam. Cool completely on pan. Remove to a cutting board
- Mix powdered sugar and just enough milk for drizzling consistency; blend. Drizzle icing over cooled logs. Cut each roll into 10 pieces.