Today starts Choctoberfest 2106! If you’re a chocolate lover you will want to follow along for a plethora of upcoming chocolate recipes from more than 35 bloggers. Choctoberfest will run for two weeks so be sure to check out the participating blogs. I’m sharing a few of my favorite chocolate recipes and this chocolaty chocolate chip cookie is one of my family’s favorite. For a rich, deeper chocolate flavor use Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa. Use your favorite flavor of chips – semi-sweet, milk or bittersweet. I change it up every time I make these for my kids.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, bittersweet - your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or a Silpat mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl until light in color.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture to egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate batter for 10 minutes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 7 to 10 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 2 - 3 minutes then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.