Easy Swiss cheese bread is comes together quickly with just a few ingredients. Serve on Italian night or with an easy grilled chicken or fish recipe.
When these boxes arrive I go straight to the cookbook. The turkey biscuit stew is from another Taste of Home cookbook. The Make it! Take it cookbook is a good choice for the summer box. It seems there are more pot luck parties in summer and many of the recipes travel well.
I didn’t make one what I would consider a potluck recipe. The easy Swiss cheese bread uses only a few ingredients.
Once out of the oven, the bread is slightly crispy, buttery and cheesy, yet soft in the middle. Be sure to remove the foil a few minutes before you take it out of the oven. That’s how it gets crispy.
Back to some of those recipes that would be perfect for a potluck. Find layered picnic loaves, barbecue chicken, super chunky cookies, make ahead veggie salad and many more recipes for picnics and gatherings.
Swiss Cheese Bread
- 1 loaf 18-20 inches French Bread
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place foil on rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Make cuts, about 1 inch apart, in the bread but don't cut through bottom. Combine all remaining ingredients. Spread half of the butter mixture between the bread slices. Spread the remaining mixture over the top of the bread.
- Place bread on foil on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover loosely with additional foil. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes. For the last 5 minutes, remove foil covering bread to allow it to brown. Serve warm.