A quick and easy treat that kids of all ages are going to love. Donut Hole Mummies start with store-bought donut holes that you dip in white chocolate and decorate. No special skills are necessary. Perfect for any skill level.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #HalloweenTreatsWeek. All opinions are my own.
Don’t be scared to make this confection! There might not be an easier Halloween treat to make. You may be surprised to know it only takes 3 ingredients to make these mummies.
There is no cooking involved, just melting chocolate. Use your favorite white chocolate chips. In my experience, Ghirardelli or Nestle melts the best. You could use candy melts but white chocolate has a better much taste.
Scare up a good time and serve these easy donut hole treats at your Halloween party. You only need 3 ingredients for this sweet treat. #Halloween
When placing the mini chocolate chips, you must work a little quickly so the white chocolate doesn’t firm up. I dipped the donut hole, placed them on the cooling rack, drizzled more white chocolate to look like bandages, and put the chocolate chip eyes on last.
A word to the wise, as my Mom would say. When I went to my market to buy the donut holes I really wanted just plain cake ones. A glazed variety was my second choice. They had neither.
So I opted for chocolate covered. While they were delicious, who doesn’t love a double dose of chocolate, they weren’t ideal.
The chocolate on the donut holes began to melt a bit because the white chocolate was warm. I didn’t want it to cool too much because then it would have been more difficult to coat them.
My solution was to let the white chocolate cool a bit more and just stir in the chocolate that melted from the donut hole. After all, the bandages on mummies can look dirty.
More Mummy Ideas:
Halloween Cookies & Bars:
- Bat Sugar Cookies from The Flour Handprint
- Voodoo Doll Cookies from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Halloween Confetti Cookies from Fake Ginger
Halloween Cakes & Cupcakes:
- Marshmallow SpiderWeb Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Candy Corn Poke Cake from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from It’s Shanaka
Halloween Pies & Cheesecakes:
- Mini Candy Corn Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Halloween Themed Layered Drinks from 4 Sons R Us
Chilled Halloween Treats:
- Easy Chocolate Pudding from Pastry Chef Online
Sweet Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Bark from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Snack Mix from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Halloween Snacks from House of Nash Eats
- Sweet & Savory Halloween Snack Board from An Affair from the Heart
- Spooky Candy Bark from Sweet Beginnings
- Poisoned Candy Apples from Fresh Coast Eats
- Donut Hole Mummies from Family Around the Table
- Halloween Caramel Popcorn Munch Recipe from Back To My Southern Roots
- Spiderweb Baked Donuts from Lemon Blossoms
Savory Halloween Recipes:
- Mini Monster Meatball Sliders from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mummy Brie from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Deviled Eggs from I am a Honey Bee
- 1 dozen donut holes
- 1 (12-ounce bag) white chocolate chips, melted
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- You should melt the white chocolate chips according to the instructions on the package.
- Set a wire cooling rack over a piece of waxed paper or parchment.
- Using 2 forks dip the donut holes in the white chocolate. Allow excess to drip off before gently placing it on the cooling rack. Once on the cooling rack, dip one fork in the white chocolate and drip over the donut hole to mimic bandages.
- Gently place 2 mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Allow donut hole mummies to set, at room temperature. About 2 - 3 hours, depending on the temperature of your house.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Happy Halloween!Spooky Season is here and it is time for 2020’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! It’s a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 3rd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsor and bloggers this year!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl Set
Prize #2 from Angie at BigBearsWife
Ninja OP301 Foodi 9-in-1 Pressure, Slow Cooker, Air Fryer and More, with 6.5 Quart Capacity and 45 Recipe Book, and a High Gloss Finish
Prize #3 from Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar
Origami Owl Locket and Halloween Charms
Prize #4 from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
6 Quart Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
Prize #5 from Terri at Our Good Life
Young Living’s Thieves Mints ($50 Value)
Pop a Thieves Mint into your mouth for cinnamint-fresh breath after meals. Made with naturally derived ingredients and free of artificial sweeteners, dyes, and preservatives, Thieves Mints are a choice you can feel good about. Created with Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend, these mints deliver minty coolness with a hint of warm, sugar-free sweetness. Thieves Mints come in a conveniently sized container that is great to take on the go!!
Prize #6 from Julie at Back To My Southern Roots
1 Copy of – The Peanuts Family Cookbook: Delicious Dishes for Kids to Make with Their Favorite Grown-Ups
Prize #8 from Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS
1 Copy of her new cookbook “Holy Sweet! 60 Indulgent Recipes for Bigger, Better Desserts”
Prize #9 from Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
1 Copy of her cookbook, “Incredible One-Pot Cooking: Easy, Delicious Recipes for Exciting Meals Without the Mess”
Prize #10 from Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog
1 Copy of “Friends: The Official Cookbook”
ONE (1) $75 Amazon gift card
Prize #12 from Shanaka from It’s Shanaka
ONE (1) $25 Amazon gift card
Prize #13 from Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Prize #14 from Amy from House of Nash Eats
ONE (1) $100 Amazon gift card
a Rafflecopter giveaway Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 5th – October 10th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 14 prizes and therefore we will have a total of 14 winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes. We would also love to give a huge thanks to our Halloween Treats Week bloggers because a lot of them also donated prizes for the giveaways, including: Angie of BigBearsWife , Nicole of Nicole Taggart’s Origami Owl Jewelry Bar, Kathy of Lemon Blossoms, Terri of Our Good Life, Julie of Back To My Southern Roots, Peabody of Sweet ReciPEAS, Megan of Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, Nicole of For the Love of Food Blog, Michaela of An Affair from the Heart, Jennifer of Take Two Tapas , Michele of West Via Midwest, Shanaka of It’s Shanaka, Ashley of Cheese Curd In Paradise, and Amy from House of Nash Eats!