Those who know me well know I am a chicken salad connoisseur. Chicken salad is something I make a couple of times a month for lunch. My youngest and I are the only ones who like chicken salad in the house. The fact that he’s a teenager means it doesn’t last long and I don’t get much. But that’s OK because I’m teaching him how to make it so, really, he can have it whenever he wants.Since I make chicken salad so much I’ve often mixed up the add-ins. Since I had a big bag of dried cranberries I decided that cranberries and almonds would pair nicely. To add a bit more depth of flavor I roasted the chicken in the oven and toast the almonds over medium low heat in a skillet. It’s OK to prepare the chicken however you would like and using leftovers or starting with a store-bought rotisserie chicken is a great idea.
I happened to have flour tortillas on hand the day I made this cranberry almond chicken salad so I made wraps. I love to serve this on a flaky croissant, mini Hawaiian rolls for sliders, on a brioche bun which is my personal favorite, or your favorite sandwich bread. You could also make this into a festive and seasonal appetizer by topping crostini with a dollop.
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup to ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup almond slices, lightly toasted
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine all ingredients well. Chill until ready to serve.
See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week – follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations:
- Butternut Squash Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries and Fennel from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad Wraps from Family Around The Table
- Cranberry Cheeseball by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Cobbler from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Gremolata from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Orange Relish from Books n’ Cooks
- Jellied Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Orange Cranberry Sweet Rolls from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pear Holly Cocktail from Bear & Bug Eats
- Roasted Green Beans with Cranberries from Making Miracles
- Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Chicken from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Pot Roast from Everyday Eileen
- White Cheddar and Cranberry Dip from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies from House of Nash Eats