We love pancakes in our house. They really are an easy meal to make that can be enjoyed by everyone. This is the first time I’ve made classic buttermilk pancakes and this recipe didn’t disappoint. I found it on the Taste of Home website.
The key to making pancakes is patience. Before flipping them, you have to wait for the telltale bubbles around the edges and in the center. The edges should also start to appear dry. If you flip and it doesn’t look golden brown, you can always flip back once the second side is done.
Pancakes hold a special place for me. I love that they are so customizable. Add berries, nuts, or chocolate chips. We all like something different so hubby gets blueberries, I get pecans, and the kids opt for chocolate chips. Of course, plain are good too.
The best time to throw in your add-in’s is just before they begin to bubble up. This gives the pancake batter a chance to puff up around the berries, nuts, or chips. That way they aren’t just sitting on the bottom where they have an opportunity to fall off the pancake.
Pancakes are a perfect way to make Mom or Dad feel special. Older kids can help make the pancakes. Both of my boys make them on their own, but they are teenagers. Younger children should always be supervised. It’s a great life skill to learn to cook for yourself and pancakes are an easy place to start.
Try these other pancake recipes:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened
- Pour bater by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased got griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Fantastic Father’s Day
- Chicken Shawarma by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Creamy Spinach Dip by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Jeff Mauro’s Meatloaf by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lamb Burger with Tzatziki Sauce by Art of Natural Living