I love string beans! They are probably my favorite vegetable. This bacon wrapped string beans recipe is actually my Mom’s and, when she cooked and entertained, she made this often. Why? Not because it’s easy, which it is, but because it’s good!
The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can make exactly what you need. I’m going to write the recipe differently than how my Mom gave it to me. She just said, “Make as many as you need”. I’m going to make this for 4 servings but you will see just how easy it is to make it for more or less guests.
It’s not imperative to line the baking dish with foil, but it sure makes clean-up easier. The brown sugar melts over the bundles and can be difficult to clean. This is a great side dish to serve with turkey, chicken, beef or pork. It’s a nice alternative to a green bean casserole for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Adjust the recipe as needed for more or less guests. It’s really easy.
Make sure to check out all the awesome Holiday Side Dishes:
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad from Blogghetti
- Bacon Wrapped String Beans from Family Around the Table
- Cornbread Chorizo Stuffing from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry, Apple, & Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf from Sweet Beginnings
- Creamy Potato and Apple Gratin from Palatable Pastime
- Disney’s Pumpkin Soup from Simply Inspired Meals
- Dudhi Kofta (Bottle Gourd Fritters) from Cook with Renu
- Orange Cranberry Sauce from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Porcini Pancetta Dressing from The Complete Savorist
- Pumpkin Rolls with Herbs and Sea Salt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Apples, and Onions from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Carrots with Fresh Herbs from Our Good Life
- Skillet Sausage Stuffing from Dutch Oven Daddy