I love string beans! They are probably my favorite vegetable. This bacon wrapped string beans recipe is actually my Mom’s and when she cooked and entertained, she made this often. Why? Not because it’s easy, which it is, but because it’s good!
The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can make exactly what you need. I’m going to write the recipe differently than how my Mom gave it to me.
She just said, “Make as many as you need”. I’m going to make this for 4 servings but you will see just how easy it is to make it for more or less guests.
It’s not imperative to line the baking dish with foil, but it sure makes clean-up easier. The brown sugar melts over the bundles and can be difficult to clean.
This is a great side dish to serve with turkey, chicken, beef or pork. It’s a nice alternative to a green bean casserole for holiday meals such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
How do I adjust Bacon Wrapped String Beans for more guests?
Adjust the recipe as needed for more or less guests. It’s really easy. Just add 12 string beans plus a half a strip of bacon per additional bundle plus 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar per bundle.
Plus a bigger pan. You certainly don’t want to crowd the bundles in a small baking dish. Remember, line the pan with aluminum foil. You’ll thank me later when cleaning up.
Why We Like This Recipe
This recipe is a family favorite, and we serve it often, because it’s just so easy.
- First, there are just 4 ingredients
- You can make just as many as you need, so there’s no waste.
- Who doesn’t love bacon?!
- Full of flavor.
- Can be made ahead.
- You cook green bean bundles at a temperature of 350 degrees F.
What can I serve Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans With?
Make sure to check out all the awesome Holiday Side Dishes:
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad from Blogghetti
- Bacon Wrapped String Beans from Family Around the Table
- Cornbread Chorizo Stuffing from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry, Apple, & Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf from Sweet Beginnings
- Creamy Potato and Apple Gratin from Palatable Pastime
- Disney’s Pumpkin Soup from Simply Inspired Meals
- Orange Cranberry Sauce from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Porcini Pancetta Dressing from The Complete Savorist
- Pumpkin Rolls with Herbs and Sea Salt from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Bacon Wrapped String Beans
- 48 string beans ends snapped
- 2 slices uncooked bacon cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Separate string beans into 4 bundles of 12 beans each. Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each bundle and place in prepared pan, bacon seam side down. Sprinkle each bundle with 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Bacon will not be crisp but will be cooked.