I often look through my Mom’s recipe boxes and handwritten recipe journals. I pull them out many times a year. It seems like every time I do I find something I haven’t seen before. My most recent find, that I’ve never seen before, was this peanut butter truffle cookie. Not that my family has gluten issues, but it so happens this cookie is gluten free and it’s delicious. Even my peanut butter avoiding kid liked them! Honestly, I was really surprised at how delicious this cookie turned out. I suggest using your favorite chocolate chip, whether it’s semi-sweet, milk, dark or bittersweet. I wouldn’t suggest white chocolate.
So for Day 5 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies I hope you will try this peanut butter truffle cookies. While they would be a nice addition to your holiday baking they are also perfect year round for your lunchbox or workplace treats. Or a “just because” treat!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, not natural
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips, with a wooden spoon, stirring until combined. Stir in chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Using a teaspoon, form balls and place on prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 minutes until cookie are puffed and golden. Cookies will be soft set. Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes than remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Mint Thumbrints from The Freshman Cook
Clint’s Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cooking With Carlee
Lemon Sprinkles from A Palatable Pastime
Mocha Drop Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oatmeal Raisin Almond Cookies from Feeding Big
Peanut Butter Truffle Cookies from Family Around the Table
Pebber Nodder from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Spritz Cookies from The Chef Next Door
Tender Italian Sugar Cookies from Jolene’s Recipe Journal