I just love the look of these Christmas chocolate chip cookies. They are so festive with red, green, and white sprinkles. I’m kind of a sucker for red and green sprinkles. Really, sprinkles, in general. I’m a traditional Christmas colors gal – red and green all the way. I can appreciate trees in pastels or a monotone tree, especially if it’s purple, but red and green are my favorite.
So, back to my back, here’s another cake mix cookie. I do love using cake mixes to bake treats other than cakes but I don’t usually use them this much.
But, during the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I would rather bake with mixes than not bake at all. This is also a recipe that is great for kids to make. Christmas chocolate chip cookies will be a stand out in your holiday cookie tray.
Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup red white and green holiday sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cake mix, egg whites, flour and oil mixing well. Add in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll the cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Gently press down on the cookie dough balls and place a few extra sprinkles on top.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.