Some of the wonderful Florida strawberries we picked last weekend wound up in my strawberry ice cream. This is creamy richness bursting with intense strawberry flavor. This is a non-custard ice cream and does not require eggs. Personally, I prefer to make ice cream without eggs. I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker that simplifies the job. I keep the freezer bowl in my freezer so I can make ice cream any time. This would also be a great base for a milk shake, to top a slice of pound cake or make a sundae with other favorite flavors. You could also make ice cream sandwiches with this ice cream. Use chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies. Top one cookie with the strawberry ice cream and put a second cookie on top. Roll sides in nuts or sprinkles.
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled
- Juice of half a lemon, or to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor, then turn them into a bowl and season with the lemon juice and sugar to taste. Stir in the cream. Freeze churn until the ice cream is ready to serve.
- Store any leftover in the freezer.
Variations: Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.