This post, for White Wine Sangria, is sponsored in conjunction with #EasterBrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of recipes. All opinions are mine. This post contains affiliate links where, if a purchase is made, I receive a small commission at no additional charge to you.
Spring and summer parties and gatherings call for sangria. Specifically white wine sangria. This is a recipe near and dear to my heart. More than 20 years ago I made a version of this for the first party my husband and I ever hosted together.
This white wine sangria is a refreshing adult beverage. While it can also be made with red wine, the white version is perfect for spring and summer parties which is typically when people drink more white wine. My wine of choice for this sangria is a Sauvignon Blanc. It’s a drier variety, not too sweet, which is why I add a small amount of sugar. Other good choices would be a Chenin Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I suggest not using Chardonnay which tend to be sweeter and more buttery.
I made this sangria in my beautiful new Grosche Rio Sangria pitcher. It’s stylish and looks great on a buffet table. It’s easy to use and the self sealing stainless steel top is an added bonus. Less spills when pouring and you have a built in lid for chilling time. Not need to cover a pitcher with plastic wrap.
- 2 ½ cups dry white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- ⅛ cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 lemon, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 lime, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup club soda, chilled
- In the Rio Sangria Water Infuser Pitcher" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Grosche infused water pitcher combine the wine, brandy, sugar and a few pieces of lemon, lime and orange. Refrigerate, with top on, for 4 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- Just before serving add the chilled club soda.
- If desired, serve over ice, but it's not necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.