My family loves popcorn. Now that no one has braces any longer, I can make some fun popcorn treats, like this white chocolate cranberry popcorn. It’s perfect for movie night, party favors, a hostess gift or to tuck in holiday gift tins.
I’ll be honest, I was very hesitant to use white chocolate. I never have luck melting white chocolate chips. They just don’t seem to melt well, whether I do it on the stovetop, in a double boiler or in the microwave. So I sprung for a better brand of white chocolate, Ghirardelli, and was pleasantly surprised with the results. A nice, smooth, creamy melt. I did melt them in a double boiler over simmering water.
Surprisingly, this snack keeps well on the counter for a couple of days. If you plan on packaging it up in gift bags, do so just before you plan to give them. The popcorn will keep better in a tightly closed container than in the bags.
More food gifts:
White Chocolate Cranberry Popcorn
- 2 3.5 ounces package of microwave popcorn or store-bough popcorn
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 11- ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions or spread popcorn on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of dried cranberries over popcorn. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli) according to package directions. Drizzle white chocolate over popcorn and cranberry mixture. Sprinkle remaining dried cranberries over melted white chocolate. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10 – 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Remove from refrigerator and break into pieces. Store tightly covered or package into individual bags for gift giving.