My husband is a raspberry fiend. He loves anything and everything raspberry, something he gets from his Aunt Anna. When I came across this recipe for raspberry glazed chicken wings I knew I had to try it. We were not disappointed. The raspberry flavor is prominent, not subtle, making these wings on the sweet side. Again, this recipe is doing double duty at the week 7 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge and as part of the Sunday Supper Movements finger foods event.
Due to the marinade time, you need to plan ahead when making this recipe. You need to marinate the wings for at least 4 hours. Cooking time is about an hour. This dish is perfect for a main meal, appetizer or game day snack.
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 whole chicken wings, cut into 3 pieces, discarding wing tips
- Place wings in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine jam, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add raspberry mixture to bowl with wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray foil with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Reserving marinade, place wings in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Brush marinade over wings and bake 20 - 25 minutes longer, turning and basting once, or until check juices run clear.