Mini peanut butter-filled brownie cupcakes are so delicious you won’t be able to eat just one or two.
I recently made two batches of these mini peanut butter-filled brownie cupcakes for two separate functions at school. They were a hit. The original recipe made larger cupcakes but I adapted it to make a mini version, which was better suited to my school need. These brownie cupcakes are rich and delicious. It was a good thing I was giving them away or I may have eaten every last one.
This recipe is perfect if you need a last minute treat for a pot luck, tailgate or even a lunch box treat. It starts with a boxed brownie mix that gets an addition of mini chocolate chips. The peanut butter filling whips up quickly too. Don’t worry if the filling shows through because it makes for an interesting look on the cupcakes and they are still just as delicious.
We are a brownie loving family. There are many favorites, and lots of variety, like grasshopper brownies, a recipe I got from a friend, brownie cookies, and even brownie in pie form like brownie mint pie. There are easy recipes like these molten lava brownies and some that are more involved like cream cheese filled brownies.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in chocolate chips.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth.
- Fill mini paper-lined muffin cups one-third full with batter. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into the center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in brownie portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out all of the delicious brownie recipes:
Mini Peanut Butter Filled Brownie Cupcakes from Family Around the Table
Christmas Tree Brownies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Cookie Butter Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mounds Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
Peppermint Brownie Madeleines from Art of Natural Living