Easter muddy buddies are a delicious and festive treat. Put out a bowl on a dessert buffet or send guests home with a goodie bag.
If you’re hosting an Easter or even Spring celebration, you need to make these Easter muddy buddies. They are just so festive. You should probably even make a double batch. They are that good and they will go fast.
You use a whole box of either rice Chex or corn Chex, you need 9 cups. Those boxes a slightly more than what you need so I just used the whole box (I divided it evenly) so I didn’t have any leftover because it wasn’t even enough for a bowl of cereal.
Now, of course, you can use any color candy melts you prefer but I have a stash and used yellow and lavender. Use any pastel colors for spring, green, lavender, yellow, pale blue, or pink.
Something that coordinates with the pretty M&M’s. You could also swap out the colors for different holidays or occasions such as July 4th, Christmas, Hanukkah, Halloween, and graduation.
The hardest part is waiting for the mix with the candy melts to set. Once set gently break big clumps apart. I also used my hands to mix each batch. I have food-safe gloves to keep the mess at a minimum.
- Baked Eggs with Tomatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Herb Brie Bake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Classic Peanut Butter Confetti Bars by Making the Most of Naptime
- Easter Muddy Buddies by Family Around The Table
- Honey Cinnamon Quick Bread by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Easter Muddy Buddies
- 9 Cups Chex Cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Wilton Lavender Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 1 cup Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 cup Easter M&M’s
- Place 3 cups cereal in 3 separate medium sized bowls and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for one minute and then stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over one of the bowls of cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Place the cereal mixture in a seal-able food storage bag and add the powdered sugar.
- Shake the bag until well coated then spread the cereal out on a baking sheet and allow to cool.
- Melt the yellow candy melts in a bowl according to package directions. Stir until smooth then pour over a bowl of cereal each and stir until evenly coated. Spread the cereal directly out onto separate baking sheets and allow to cool. Melt the lavender and white candy melts together in a bowl according to package directions.
- In a bowl mix the three cereal mixtures along with the chocolate eggs.
- Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.