Chocoholics will rejoice! Double chocolate brownie cookies are chocolate richness at its best! This cookie has a brownie like texture but are also chock full of chocolate chips. The batter gets it’s chocolaty goodness from melted chocolate chips rather than cocoa.
I can honestly say that everyone who tried this cookie raved about it. I bagged a few up, tied with a festive ribbon and delivered to our neighbors over the Thanksgiving holiday. An early treat. A number of neighbors asked for the recipe and I’m always happy to share. So now I share with you! I can’t believe it’s Day 10 in the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat.
- Once chips begin to melt, remove from stove and stir, returning to heat for a few seconds at a time stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Add in flour mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by rounded tablespoons on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 9 minutes, or until sides are set and middle is still soft. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Mallow Drops from Making the Most of Naptime
Cranberry Almond Oatmeal Cookeis from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies from Family Around the Table
Homemade Jingles from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Palmiers from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime