Chocoholics will rejoice! Double chocolate brownie cookies are chocolate richness at its best! This cookie has a brownie like texture but are also chock full of chocolate chips. The batter gets it’s chocolaty goodness from melted chocolate chips rather than cocoa.
I can honestly say that everyone who tried this cookie raved about it. I bagged a few up, tied with a festive ribbon and delivered to our neighbors over the Thanksgiving holiday. An early treat. A number of neighbors asked for the recipe and I’m always happy to share. So now I share with you! I can’t believe it’s Day 10 in the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 3/4 cup chocolate chips in a small heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat.
- Once chips begin to melt, remove from stove and stir, returning to heat for a few seconds at a time stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Add in flour mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by rounded tablespoons on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 - 9 minutes, or until sides are set and middle is still soft. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies continue to set once they come from the oven so don't over bake!
Chocolate Mallow Drops from Making the Most of Naptime
Cranberry Almond Oatmeal Cookeis from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies from Family Around the Table
Homemade Jingles from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Kolacky from Cooking With Carlee
Palmiers from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime