This chocolate sprinkle cookies recipe starts with a devil’s food cake mix. Dress up the cookies with seasonal sprinkles for an easy treat at any time of year.
If you have kids, you may have been on the receiving end of, “Hey Mom, I need cookies for tomorrow”. If this has happened to you, it’s probably been at the last minute. It’s for this reason that I keep cake mixes on hand. You can make great cookies with a yellow or chocolate cake mix.
Other times you may just want to make a treat for the family, to take to work, or share with the neighbors. That was the case when I made these chocolate sprinkle cookies. My boys had bagpipe practice after school and I knew all the kids would be hungry.
If you hoard sprinkles as I do, this is a cookie you can make year-round and just change up the sprinkles seasonally.
Use red, white and blue jimmies or non-pariels for a festive Memorial Day or 4th of July party. Welcome home a soldier too.
Make Valentine’s Day or your anniversary extra special with cute heart sprinkles. Or make these just to say I love you!
Festive Easter and spring sprinkles for Mother’s Day, a baby or wedding shower. Wrap up a few in a cellophane bag for party guests or to give neighbors or teachers.
ABC quins are also perfect for teachers. I got these from Sweets & Treats and they are so adorable.
What are quins, you ask? Quins are a bit different from your traditional sprinkles like jimmies and nonpareils. They are sugar shapes. The hearts and eggs in the Easter mix are also quins. Make these for your kids for the first or last day of school too.
Your Christmas cookie tray wouldn’t be the same without a holiday sprinkle cookies. Are you seeing just how versatile this easy recipe can be? It’s really perfect for those bakers who have a vast collection of sprinkles in their cabinet, which would be me. I mean, sprinkles are just addictive so this cookie recipe is perfect
Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies
Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies start with a cake mix and come together in no time.
- 1 box Devil's food chocolate cake mix (15.25 ounce size)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Seasonal or festive sprinkles for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour a generous amount of sprinkles in a ramekin or small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cake mix and baking powder. Whisk to remove lumps.
- Add eggs, oil and vanilla extract to dry mix in bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix but make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in the sprinkles.
- Bake on prepared baking sheets for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for another 10 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Easter Sprinkles Mix
Wilton Holiday Nonpareils
Red White And Blue Edible Jimmies
Wilton Halloween Nonpareils
Wilton Valentine Nonpareils Sprinkles, Multicolor
Quin Sprinkles: ABC 123
Nonpareils Sprinkles: White
Wilton Cookie Spatula
OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet
Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size
Leave a Reply