So much work goes into holiday preparation, some things should be easy. My apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is just that, very easy. And very impressive. Your guests don’t need to know just how easy this recipe is to make.
This is a sponsored post however all my opinions are my own. I received complimentary products to create this recipe.
The holidays will be here before we know it and many are like me in that, you start searching for those holiday recipes early. The little prep work involved in my apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is peeling and slicing the apples.
Because I used a refrigerated pie crust, you can of course make your own, it takes little time at all because you don’t even need to roll out the crust any larger than what it comes in the package. I also used caramel ice cream topping as a time saver. Again, you could melt caramels or make your own caramel sauce.
This galette is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. In all my years of cooking, I’ve never made anything like this before. I have indulged at dinner parties and enjoyed them. I know I will be making many more versions in the future.
It took me a minute to get the pastry folding technique to where I thought it looked good. An egg wash brushed on the edges of the folded pastry helps the sugar to adhere and to brown the edges.
Appelflappen from Palatable Pastime
Apple Cranberry Galettes with Caramel Drizzle from Family Around the Table
Apple Yeast Coffee Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Easiest Ever Applesauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Grilled Apple Butter Pork Tenderloin from Books n’ Cooks
Honeycrisp and Gouda Grilled Cheese from The Redhead Baker
Italian Apple and Fig Polenta Torta from All That’s Jas
Molasses-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops with Apple Butter from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples from House of Nash Eats
Roasted Pork with Apple Puree from Simple and Savory
- 3 Rainier Fruit Honeycrisp Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ package prepared pie crust
- Sprinkling of dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- Granulated sugar
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine apples, Rodelle vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples to coat.
- Unroll prepared pie crust and place on baking sheet. Place apple mixture in center of circle, leaving a 3-inch border around fruit. I kind of arranged the slices. Sprinkle cranberries over apples or strategically place them, if you prefer.
- Fold border over fruit in an overlapping fashion, pressing gently to make folds stick. Brush sides of dough with egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until edge is golden brown and flaky.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.