So much work goes into holiday preparation, some things should be easy. My apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is just that, very easy. And very impressive. Your guests don’t need to know just how easy this recipe is to make.
This is a sponsored post however all my opinions are my own. I received complimentary products to create this recipe.
The holidays will be here before we know it and many are like me in that, you start searching for those holiday recipes early. The little prep work involved in my apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is peeling and slicing the apples.
Because I used a refrigerated pie crust, you can of course make your own, it takes little time at all because you don’t even need to roll out the crust any larger than what it comes in the package. I also used caramel ice cream topping as a time saver. Again, you could melt caramels or make your own caramel sauce.
This galette is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. In all my years of cooking, I’ve never made anything like this before. I have indulged at dinner parties and enjoyed them. I know I will be making many more versions in the future.
It took me a minute to get the pastry folding technique to where I thought it looked good. An egg wash brushed on the edges of the folded pastry helps the sugar to adhere and to brown the edges.
More Tasty Apple Recipes
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies – Individual desserts are fun for everyone.
- Caramel Apple Nut Bars – A great snack or base for a sundae.
- Easy Apple Churros – A fall spin on a favorite state fair treat.
Apple Cranberry Galette with Caramel Drizzle
Apple Cranberry Galette with Caramel Drizzle is an impressive, yet easy dessert.
- 3 Rainier Fruit Honeycrisp Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ package prepared pie crust
- Sprinkling of dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- Granulated sugar
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine apples, Rodelle vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples to coat.
- Unroll prepared pie crust and place on baking sheet. Place apple mixture in center of circle, leaving a 3-inch border around fruit. I kind of arranged the slices. Sprinkle cranberries over apples or strategically place them, if you prefer.
- Fold border over fruit in an overlapping fashion, pressing gently to make folds stick. Brush sides of dough with egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until edge is golden brown and flaky.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Jan Thomas says
I can’t wait to try this!! Thank you for sharing at our apple celebration of Celebrate 365 Blog Party!
Faith,Hope, Love, & Luck says
Yum! I love a whimsical pie…takes all of the stress out of rolling THE PERFECT crust!
What a delicious sounding dessert, you can’t go wrong with apple and cranberry!
Tina Lindquist says
I love baked apple recipes, this one looks weeknight friendly, thanks for sharing this!
A new pie to make! 😀
What a pretty holiday dessert… And I LOVE that caramel drizzle!!
Edyta at Innocent Delight says
I love easy recipes like this; especially for the upcoming holidays! Galette’s are my favorite type of dessert.
Liz @ Books n' Cooks says
Such a great alternative to a fussy pie. And I love that you added cranberries. Makes this a great option for Thanksgiving dessert (for us non-pumpkin lovers)
This would be perfect on a holiday table! (or on a just because table as well!) It looks absolutely scrumptious!
What a delightful sounding galette! My galelettes never turn out quite how I want them too but I need to give them another try!
Val - Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids says
I love how quick and easy this recipe is! Another great addition to #AppleWeek!
Wendy Klik says
Perfect recipe Ellen, easy peasy and delicious