So much work goes into holiday preparation, some things should be easy. My apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is just that, very easy.
This is a sponsored post however all my opinions are my own. I received complimentary products to create this recipe.
The holidays will be here before we know it and many are like me in that, you start searching for those holiday recipes early. The little prep work involved in my apple cranberry galette with caramel drizzle is peeling and slicing the apples. Because I used a refrigerated pie crust, you can of course make your own, it takes little time at all because you don’t even need to roll out the crust any larger than what it comes in the package. I also used caramel ice cream topping as a time saver. Again, you could melt caramels or make your own caramel sauce.
This galette is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. In all my years of cooking, I’ve never made anything like this before. I have indulged at dinner parties and enjoyed them. I know I will be making many more versions in the future. It took me a minute to get the pastry folding technique to where I thought it looked good. An egg wash brushed on the edges of the folded pastry helps the sugar to adhere and to brown the edges.
It’s hard to believe #AppleWeek is almost over. Only one more day. I must mention, yet again, a big thank you to our hostess, Carlee from Cooking with Carlee for such a fabulous week. Here’s hoping she will host again next year! Oh and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below. There are some awesome prizes.
- 3 Rainier Fruit Honeycrisp Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 package prepared pie crust
- Sprinkling of dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a teaspoon of water
- Granulated sugar
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine apples, Rodelle vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples to coat.
- Unroll prepared pie crust and place on baking sheet. Place apple mixture in center of circle, leaving a 3-inch border around fruit. I kind of arranged the slices. Sprinkle cranberries over apples or strategically place them, if you prefer.
- Fold border over fruit in an overlapping fashion, pressing gently to make folds stick. Brush sides of dough with egg wash and sprinkle granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until edge is golden brown and flaky.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce before serving. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Appelflappen from Palatable Pastime
Apple Butter Cream Cheese Spread from Tip Garden
Apple Cinnamon Roll Pie from Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Apple Cranberry Galettes with Caramel Drizzle from Family Around the Table
Apple Maple Jam from Feeding Big
Apple Oat Quick Bread with Caramel Sauce from The Chef Next Door
Apple Yeast Coffee Cake from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Easiest Ever Applesauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Grilled Apple Butter Pork Tenderloin from Books n’ Cooks
Grilled Veggie Tacos with Apple Pico de Gallo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Honeycrisp and Gouda Grilled Cheese from The Redhead Baker
Italian Apple and Fig Polenta Torta from All That’s Jas
Molasses-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops with Apple Butter from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples from House of Nash Eats
Roasted Pork with Apple Puree from Simple and Savory
Savory Apple Bacon Pizza from Cooking With Carlee
Slow Cooker Honey Apple Pork Roast From Amy’s Cooking Adventures