This post, for white chocolate, strawberry and champagne scones with champagne glaze, is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of recipes. All opinions are mine.
Welcome to Spring Sweets Week! All week my blogger friends and I are sharing sweets for spring. I’m kicking off the week with these white chocolate, strawberry and champagne scones with champagne glaze. An easy yet impressive recipe for all of your spring entertaining. Think Easter, Mother’s Day, or bridesmaid’s brunch.
Scones always look so good in the bakery case and it wasn’t until I made them a few years ago for the first time that I realized how easy they are to make. The first scone recipe I made was apple cinnamon scones with a salted caramel drizzle for my first brunch week almost 3 years ago.
Many I know who make scones roll the dough. I prefer to pat it to between 3/4″ and 1″ thick. I think rolling the dough can toughen it while patting it keeps it tender. Scones don’t really rise like a cookie would so you can set them closer together on a baking sheet.
Glaze them while they are warm and serve warm with a cup of coffee or glass of bubbly. If you don’t have champagne, you can substitute prosecco, cava, or sparkling wine. Substitute water or milk in the glaze if you want to serve these scones at a baby shower. I wouldn’t worry about the alcohol in the scone as it would bake out. If you are worried, substitute club soda.
This post uses Dixie Crystals sugar. What I love about their powdered sugar is it’s fine and smooth. Not full of hard lumps. It sifts nicely and always makes a smooth glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup champagne, or more as needed
- 2/3 cup hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 tablespoons champagne
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add the butter and pulse until pea-sized butter balls form, about 15 - 20 seconds. Turn out into a bowl.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and champagne in a measuring cup and carefully mix together with the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the strawberries and white chocolate chips. (The dough should be dry, but if it looks very dry and isn't coming together into a loose dough, add in a splash more of champagne.)
- Gently pat out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a circle about 1 inch thick, then cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and set, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely, then drizzle with champagne glaze.
Make Champagne Glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar and champagne. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2019 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the coming of spring than with food and a fun giveaway? 30 bloggers from around the country have come together to share over 100 sweet recipes perfect for spring!
- A PEEP into the Upcoming #SpringSweetsWeek Festivities by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blueberry Shortbread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Balls by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Carrot Cake Nest Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Swirl Cheesecake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Coconut Lemon Pound Cake by The Crumby Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Easy Marshmallow Popcorn Balls by House of Nash Eats
- Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars by Creative Southern Home
- Healthier Orange Julius Copycat by Simply Inspired Meals
- Individual Italian Easter Breads by Cookaholic Wife
- Lemon Blueberry Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Blueberry Scones by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Cream Pie by Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Crepes with Cherry Syrup by Cooking With Carlee
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Strawberry Mousse Tarts by A Savory Feast
- Orange Pineapple Nice Cream Pops by Crumb Top Baking
- PB&J PEEPSomars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Peach Blueberry Upside Down Cake by The Tip Garden
- Peeps Shortbread Checkerboard by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Strawberry Mousse Tart by The Gingered Whisk
- Soft Frosted Lemon Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Spring Fruit and Rice Krispies Treat Kabobs by Blogghetti
- Strawberry Raspberry Smoothie by Books n’ Cooks
- Sweet Breakfast Crepes by The Speckled Palate
- Toasted Pound Cake by Our Good Life
- Vanilla Bean Dutch Baby with Strawberry Hibiscus Syrup by The Baking Fairy
- White Chocolate, Strawberry, and Champagne Scones with Champagne Glaze by Family Around the Table
- White Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
In addition to providing bloggers with products for recipe creations, our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much to Swiss Diamond, Dixie Crystals, Nancy’s Yogurt, Sprinkle Pop, Adams Extracts, Barleans, Melissa’s Produce, and PEEPS® for their generosity in providing the prizes free of charge. We have an incredible giveaway below. Read all about it and what you can win!
Prize #1: Swiss Diamond Cookware is giving one winner an XD Nonstick 6 Piece Newlywed Kitchen Kit!.This set is the ultimate nonstick cookware collection, with a pot or pan for nearly every recipe you have. Nothing conducts heat more efficiently than diamonds, and combined with the extra-thick cast aluminum body, these pans have amazingly even heat distribution. With this superior heat retention, they sear ingredients as well as stainless steel, but without the messy cleanup. The XD nonstick coating releases so well, you can cook anything without a drop of oil or butter. This set includes a 9.5″ fry pan, an 8″ fry pan, a 2.2 quart saucepan with lid, and 5.5 quart soup pot with lid.
Swiss Diamond® International dates back to 1974, when HORT Coating Center SA was founded in Sierre, Switzerland, as a scientific research company exploring new materials and surface coatings. Fast forward a few years to 2001, when a revolutionary nonstick coating suitable for use on cookware was developed, which led to the creation of Swiss Diamond® International SA. Visit https://www.swissdiamond.com/ for delicious recipes.
Prize #2: Dixie Crystals is giving one winner the Wilton Ultimate Cake Decorating Tools Set. What better way to decorate your cakes made with Dixie Crystals sugar then to use this decorating set? A blue and white rectangular organizer caddy has 4 see-through drawers and 2 top compartments for holding tips, plus slots on the side to hold spatulas. Included in the caddy are 263 pieces including a variety of decorating items. There are handy fondant tools too. It’s a cake decorators dream!
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. The pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistent results. Visit www.dixiecrystals.com for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, great ways to get kids baking plus plenty of baking videos.
Prize #3: Melissa’s Produce is giving one winner an Organic Family Produce Box. This box contains 100% organic fruits and vegetables including kale, cucumbers, apples, pears, lemons, oranges, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, and much more! It’s easy to get in your five servings of fruits and vegetables with this fun produce box.
Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce. The Melissa’s brand is named after Joe and Sharon’s daughter, who takes an active role in the company. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes!
Prize #4: Nancy’s Yogurt is giving one winner a fabulous Nancy’s Yogurt tote bag full of fun items! One winner will receive a tote bag stuffed with coupons for free Nancy’s Yogurt products, a super cute T-shirt, recipe cards, and Post-Its.
Chuck and Sue Kesey opened Springfield Creamery in Oregon in 1960 right after they got married. Nancy Van Brasch Hamren joined the Creamery in 1969 and shared her recipe for making yogurt. Nancy’s became the first yogurt sold in the United States to contain live probiotics. Springfield Creamery makes over 100 cultured dairy and soy products. To learn more about Nancy’s Yogurt, the products they sell, and how they make their products visit https://nancysyogurt.com/.Prize #5: PEEPS is giving one winner a gift card to PEEPS® & Co. The winner can choose from a variety of delicious PEEPS® & Co candy items as well as apparel. They even have fun gifts like throw blankets, slippers, plush bunnies, and socks. The choice is yours!
Just Born, the company that makes PEEPS® & Co., was founded in 1923 in New York and moved to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania in 1932. Just Born got its name when founder, Sam Born, proudly displayed in his store window an evolving line of daily-made candy, declaring them “just born”. Today we enjoy the wonderful combination of sweet colored sugar and fluffy marshmallows that create the unforgettable taste experience of PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies. Visit https://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/ .
Prize #6: Barlean’s is giving one winner a bottle of Seriously Delicious Omega-3, Extra Strength Ideal CBD Hemp Oil, and a bag of Super Seeds. Seriously Delicious Omega-3 is a tasty way to add Omega-3’s to your diet without a fishy after taste. The Extra Strength Ideal CBD Hemp Oil is made from US grown hemp, contains no artificial ingredients, has a natural mint flavor, is gluten free, and vegan. Super Seeds are a delicious way to add antioxidants and Omega-3’s to your morning oatmeal, smoothies, and yogurt.
Barlean’s believes that people can make a difference in the world through ordinary purchases. They are on a mission to make premium natural supplements and functional foods that feed the mind and body and using our profits to support outreach programs for people in need, both locally and around the world. Visit www.barleans.com to learn more about their products and community.
Prize #7: Adams Extract is giving one winner four of their amazing extracts and a set of their food colors. The extracts include Pure Almond Extract, Pure Vanilla Extract, and Pure Lemon Extract. The winner will also receive Adams Best Twice as Strong Vanilla which is awesome to bake with.
John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract in 1888 in Battle Creek, Michigan. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams created a new formula for vanilla. His wife tested it by whipping up a cake and announced, “John, this is the BEST flavoring I have ever used.” The name stuck, and Adams Best was born! Today, Adams manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, and many more. To learn more about Adams Extract or to find delicious recipes visit https://www.adamsextract.com/default.aspx.
Prize #8: Sprinkle Pop is giving one winner six fabulous sprinkle mixes from their Easter collection! The sprinkle mixes include Hangin’ with my Peeps, Bewitched, Signature, Green Tea, Cottontail Confetti, and Egg Hunt. These fun sprinkles are a great addition to any spring or Easter baked goods.
Liz Butts founded Sprinkle Pop in Texas. She grew the business from a one-woman show operating out of the small “sprinkle room” in her house on nights and weekends then soon expanded to a dedicated warehouse space with a devoted team of sprinkle fairies in under a year. She makes delicious sprinkle mixes that are custom, vibrant and luxurious. Over 50% of all the sprinkles are dyed in house so they are one of a kind! Visit https://sprinklepop.shop/ to learn how they give back to the community and for fun recipes!
The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States only, who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight (8) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.