This post, for Apple Cider Pancakes, is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase though a link I receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. All opinions are mine alone.
One of our favorite weekend meals is pancakes. When we were in Vermont this summer I bought a cider donut pancake mix. I made them the first weekend we were home. We were sorely disappointed so I set on a quest to make apple cider pancakes.
After a couple of tries, success! My boys deemed these the best pancakes ever and they didn’t even have chocolate chips in them! While Dad’s blueberry pancakes are a classic, these are the new favorite. Especially if topped with warm apple topping.
While you can make pancakes in a skillet, I prefer to make them on a griddle. They are so much easier to flip. One of our sponsors this week, Swiss Diamond, sent me a double burner griddle double burner griddle and it’s my new favorite. The pancakes browned beautifully and the pan heated evenly. It is now my “go-to” griddle, not only for pancakes but quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. I still love my cast iron double burner griddle but this Swiss Diamond has made me want to donate my All-Clad. It’s lighter weight and fits the double burner on my cooktop better. The clean-up is a breeze! Even melted cheese from a grilled cheese cleans up nicely. Swiss Diamond is offering an amazing prize in the giveaway so be sure to enter!
But one more thing about these delicious pancakes. Sometimes kitchen mistakes can turn in to a new recipe. That kind of happened here. The morning I made these apple cider pancakes I had also made the warm apple topping. As I was serving up the plates, I still had pancakes on the griddle pan. One of the apples fell into the uncooked pancake batter! Brilliant, I thought! So I added a few of the apple slices froth topping to the batter for another delicious treat.
Apple Cider Pancakes
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice.
In a separate bowl whisk together cider, eggs, melted butter and vanilla paste.
Pour the cider mixture over the flour mixture and whisk only until everything is combined.
Lightly grease griddle with butter. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. When bubbles form around the edge and on top, flip the pancakes. Cook until bottoms are light brown.
Pancakes can be kept warm in a 200 - 250 degree F. oven.
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
Thank you to Carlee from Cooking with Carlee for hosting #AppleWeek.
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.