Next up in the summer cocktail series is a coffee drink, that’s perfect for after dinner. When we think of cocktails we usually think something fruity like my spiced piña coladas or my sparkling bay breeze. This week I decided to go for an after dinner cocktail with a spiked iced caramel vanilla latte.
Often when I host a dinner party, I offer coffee with dessert. It wasn’t long ago I thought why not offer coffee AS dessert. Dessert isn’t always necessary. There I said it! I know, many “leave room for dessert”, but sometimes it’s just too much. A coffee drink, such as this spiked iced caramel vanilla latte, with just a hint of sweetness and a touch of vodka does the trick.
If you prefer your coffee sweeter, you can start with my caramel coffee and make the drink from there. This recipe is easy to adjust the number of servings, you can make more coffee or use smaller mugs. You can also omit the vanilla vodka for the designated driver. Substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract in place of the vanilla vodka. Start with a little and add more if necessary.
Be sure to check out the other drinks today in the summer cocktail series.
- 1 pot brewed coffee, chilled or cooled
- 3 ounces vanilla vodka
- 6 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
- Reddi-Whip whipped cream
- 2 - 4 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- Fill 2 mason jar glasses with ice.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces of vanilla vodka to each glass. Add coffee and stir gently to combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons half and half to each glass. (or more if desired)
- Top each glass with a swirl of whipped cream and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
If you prefer a sweeter latte, you can start with my caramel coffee
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version substitute 1 - 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.