I’ve never met a butter cookie I didn’t like. They are delicate and melt in your mouth. There are 4 generations of bakers in my husbands family and they all have preferred butter cookies over sugar cookies. It’s what the family bakery, that has been in continuous operation for more than 100 years in Philadelphia, sells. Although this is not the bakery’s recipe these holiday sugar sprinkled butter cookies are a treat.
Last year I was in great pain as I had thrown out my back but I really wanted to get cookie recipes on the site so I had a number of cake mix versions like Christmas chocolate chip cookies, nutty triple Christmas cookies and Devil’s food mini chip cookies that I posted. After all, who doesn’t like to have a few cookie recipes that can be whipped up quickly.
When I started thinking about cookies for this week long event I immediately thought of family and the bakery. My uncle-in-law once gave me the butter cookie recipe but it was for dozens and dozens of cookies made in commercial mixers and baked in commercial ovens. I’ve never made it. So, in honor of family and Christmas and gathering friends and family around the table I wanted to make a butter cookie that was sugar sprinkled. Because who doesn’t love sprinkles?!
It’s the start of Christmas Cookies week where blogger friends and I will share lots of yummy cookie recipes perfect for holiday gift giving, holiday cookie trays or dessert buffets. Put on some holiday music, soften the butter and turn on the oven. Today’s links are after the recipe. There are 30 bloggers participating today. Be sure to check them out.
- Alfajores (dulce de leche sandwich cookies) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Candy Cane Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Crystallized Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Dutch Speculaas Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sugar Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Empire Cookies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gingerbread Gooey Butter Cookies by Making Miracles
- Gingerbread Men Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chip Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkle Butter Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Loaded Festive Chocolate Chip Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Makrut Macaroons by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha filled Sandwich Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Oatmeal Raisin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pecan Caramel Turtle Bars by Tip Garden
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Cookies) by The Redhead Baker
- Peppermint Candy Canes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peppermint Crinkle Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peppermint Macarons by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Mocha Shortbread Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peppermint Shortbreads by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Raspberry Filled Coconut Snowflakes by Making The Most of Naptime
- Raspberry Thumbprint cookies by Simple And Savory
- Rum Logs by Corn, Beans Pigs and Kids
- Vanilla Bean Pizzelles by Love and Confections
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
Nielsen-Massey Fine Vanillas & Flavors is giving one winner a set of their pure flavors: 2-oz each of Orange, Lemon, Peppermint, Almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Rose Water, and Orange Blossom Water.
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas has been crafting the world’s finest vanillas and flavors since 1907. Each of Nielsen-Massey’s all-nature pure flavors are crafted with premium ingredients, sourced from around the world and chosen to meet the utmost quality standards. From lemon to peppermint to coffee or chocolate, Nielsen-Massey’s pure flavors offer convenience, quality and consistency to ensure your favorite recipes taste delicious every single time. All products are gluten-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, all-natural and Kosher.
a Rafflecopter giveaway