Up today for #CranberryWeek is this delicious appetizer for warm cranberry spread. I made it recently for a cocktails and croquet party I hosted for my brother and neighbors. While searching for recipe for this week, I went to one of my stand-by sites, Taste of Home. I found this recipe there. Our guests raved about it and said it was one of the best appetizers I’ve ever made. I found it was best served with crackers but cucumber or zucchini rounds would also be a good idea. This dish will absolutely be made again and again.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and feta cheese until blended. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Spread with cranberry sauce. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with almonds and green onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2-¼ cups.
To toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Apple-Ginger Cranberry Sauce from Palatable Pastime
- Broccoli Salad with Cranberries from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Blondies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Caipirinha from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Oat Smoothie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Walnut Macaron with Orange Buttercream from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Warm Cranberry Spread from Family Around The Table