I love tea, whether it’s a nice tall glass of iced tea in the summer or a warming cup of hot tea on a chilly evening. My husband actually got me hooked on hot tea. He has a cup almost every evening, whether it’s warm or cool outside. When given the opportunity to try teas from Adagio Teas I jumped at it. The company generously sent me samples of many many varieties and I thought the vanilla caramel flavor combination sounded good. This time my instinct paid off.
I received a selection Adagio Teas for recipe development. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links where I will receive a small commission if you purchase through the link.
Before working with Adagio Teas I was not familiar with the rooibos variety. Pronounced roy-boss, this tea comes from South Africa and, like many tea varieties, has some good health benefits. Adagio Teas offers a wide selection of flavored rooibos in both loose and bags.
The rooibos type of tea is often served as you would any black tea variety. Usually with cream and sugar but sometimes honey is used as a sweetener. I wanted to keep my tea pop sugar free so I did not add any sugar to the mixture. I used heavy cream to make these vanilla caramel pops and the result was an extra creamy frozen treat. If you only want or need to make a few pops, keep the remainder of the tea for iced tea or freeze for cubes. I let the pops freeze longer than a usual pop because of the cream. They seemed to need a bit more time to freeze. My popsicle molds are awesome because they catch all the drips of you frozen treat. You just use the straw to drink the liquid. Viola! Mess free!
If you’re having a party you could fill up a tea pitcher, toss in some cubes made with some tea, and let guests serve themselves. The tea cubes keep from watering down the beverage.
Vanilla Caramel Cream Tea Pops
- 1 tea bag Adagio Rooibos Caramel Tea
- 1 tea bag Adagio Rooibos Vanilla Tea
- 4 cups water
- Heavy whipping cream to top off popsicles
- In a saucepan bring four cups of water to a boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil at 1 Adagio Rooibos Caramel and 1 Adagio Rooibos Vanilla tea bag and turn off heat. Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and cool tea mixture completely.
- Once cooled, pour tea into popsicle molds. Depending on the size of your mold, you may use more or less tea but fill about 3/4 full leaving room to top off with heavy cream. Once all the molds are full of tea, top off with a splash, about a tablespoon of heavy cream. Place tops or popsicle sticks in mold and freeze until firm.
- Unmold and enjoy!