When you need a cookie but you don’t have a lot of time, these Cake Mix Snickerdoodles come together quickly.
Pin Cake Mix Snickerdoodles to make later.
What do I need to make Cake Mix Snickerdoodles?
If you’re like me, you always have a variety of cake mixes in your pantry. If so, then you also have all of the ingredients to make these cookies.
- Yellow Cake Mix -Use a 15.25 ounce size.
- Salad Oil – Use a neutral oil such as canola or vegetable.
- Eggs – You need large eggs for this recipe.
- Cinnamon – Mix the cinnamon with the sugar.
- Sugar – white, granulated sugar
My youngest son was recently invited by a friend to a major sporting event so I wanted to bake something for his family. I didn’t have a lot of time so I went poking around my cookbooks and pantry and wound up with this cake mix snickerdoodle recipe. It’s always nice when you want to make something and you have all of the ingredients. I’ve always considered snickerdoodles an ultimate holiday cookie. The house smells so delicious while they are baking. While I’ve made snickerdoodles in the past, I’ve not made this quick recipe. So the week 26 recipe in the 52 Week New Recipe Challenge is cake mix snickerdoodles. It’s just a fun word to say, snickerdoodle, isn’t it?
Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
When time is tight, start with a mix.
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Blend sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Shape dough into 1 to 1 ¼-inch balls (I used a 1 ¼-inch cookie scoop) and roll in the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Place onto prepared cookie sheet. Flatten cookies, gently, with the bottom of a flat glass.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool cookies for 1 minute before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.