Rice Krispie treats! A quintessential kid favorite. My version of Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are sure to bring smiles to the kids in your life.
Confession time: I have never made Rice Krispie treats. Ever, never ever. I always thought they would be a sticky gooey mess to make. Yes, they are sticky but they are a lot easier to press into the pan than the thought.
I also thought the Rice Krispies would be a broken pile of dust once they were combined with the gooey marshmallow butter mixture. Wrong. I used purple food coloring to color the marshmallow mixture. Unfortunately, I didn’t get the color I wanted. I should have used more but I love the look of the black, purple and orange sprinkles and sugar with the ghost sprinkles.
So why did I decide to make a Halloween version? Because my pantry is on Halloween sprinkle overload! Some might go so far as to say I have a sprinkle problem. I would venture to guess that the kids in my son’s bagpipe club would disagree. Why? Because they are the lucky recipients of sweets such as these Halloween Rice Krispie Treats.
The kids practice hard twice a week after school and are hungry by the time they begin. They are always delighted when I bring snacks! Plus I get to bake and not have all the treats around the house.
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package 10 oz., about 40 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1, In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Halloween Party Recipes
- Cream Cheese Wonton Bats by That Recipe
- Easy Mummy Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats by Family Around the Table
- Meringue Ghost Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Pasta and Eyeballs by Cheese Curd In Paradise