Festive cocktails are a part of the holiday season and this Cranberry Orange Mimosa is an ideal libation for parties.
What do I need to make a cranberry orange mimosa?
- Cranberry juice
- Orange juice – I prefer no pulp and it makes for a prettier drink
- Sparkling wine – Champagne, Sparkling Wine, Cava, Prosecco
What is the best wine to use in a mimosa?
Mimosas are made with sparkling wine and the simple answer is use what you enjoy drinking. Personally I love Prosecco, which is an Italian sparkling wine and often less expensive than Champagne. All I had on hand was a Brut. Use what you like, use what you have.
What is the difference between a mimosa and a bellini?
Both mimosas and bellinis are popular brunch cocktails. While the mimosa is probably better known and served more often, the bellini is just as sophisticated.
There are more similarities than there are differences between the two drinks. Both cocktails have a fruit base and sparkling wine.
The difference is a mimosa uses juice, usually orange juice and a bellini uses puree, typically peach, though more flavors have recently become popular.
Mimosa and Bellini Recipes
- Cranberry Key Lime Mimosa
- Mango Bellini
- Strawberry Peach Bellini from Daily Dish Recipes
- Refreshing Peach Bellini from Art of Natural Living
Welcome to Cranberry Week
#CranberryWeek is an annual blogging event that is hosted by Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Sausage Breakfast Patties from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Triple Chocolate Cranberry Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Pecan Paneer Cheese Ballfrom Magical Ingredients
- Nantucket Cranberry Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Cranberry Relish from Devour Dinner
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Pistachios, Cranberries, & Parmesan from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cranberry Orange Scones from Jen Around the World
- Cranberry and Brie Wontons from The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Chicken Salad from Art of Natural Living
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Mimosa from Family Around the Table
- Cranberry Salsa from Kate’s Recipe Box
- 4 ounces orange juice, no pulp, chilled and divided
- 4 ounces cranberry juice, chilled and divided
- Sparkling wine, Champagne, Cava, or Prosecco, chilled
- Orange wedge and cranberries (fresh or frozen) for garnish
- 2 champagne flutes
- in each Champagne glass pour 2 ounces of orange juice and 2 ounces of cranberry juice.
- Fill glass with sparkling wine. Garnish glass with an orange wedge and put a few cranberries in the glass.
- Serve immediately.