I have always loved putting citrus in my water. It wasn’t until I started volunteering in the lunchroom at our school that I heard the term spa water. The first time I was asked by a child for spa water, I was confused. I had to ask one of the lunch ladies what it was. There at the end of the counter was a large container of water with a variety of fruit inside. That is spa water.
Well, now I felt all fancy since I’d been putting citrus slices in my water for years. Who knew I was cutting edge with my citrus spa water! It’s the easiest thing you will ever make! The second easiest is probably my fresh strawberry lemonade. Citrus spa water is a refreshing choice on a hot day, after a workout or while relaxing poolside or at the beach.
My new favorite, beautiful pitcher holds about four cups of water. My favorite citrus fruits to use for water are lemons and limes, though you could add orange slices too. Sometimes I like to mix up the fruits. Other favorite combinations include strawberry and lemon, strawberry lime, 3 berry consisting of strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry, and pineapple.
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 32 ounces water
- In a pitcher, add half the lemon and lime slices, reserving remaining citrus for garnish. Fill pitcher with cold water.
- Place pitcher in refrigerator for at least 1 - 2 hours before serving so the citrus can flavor the water.
- Garnish serving glasses with a citrus wheel or wedge. Serve.
Before storing remaining water, remove citrus.
Check out more citrus recipes from the #OurFamilyTable bloggers:
Seasonal Citrus Recipes
- Baked Grapefruit Poppy Seed Donuts by Sweet Beginnings
- Citrus Spa Water by Family Around the Table
- Grapefruit Bourbon Smash Cocktail by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemony Turkey Piccata Meatballs and Spaghetti by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Bourbon Mule by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Meyer Lemon Pound Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Mini Orange Creamsicle Shots by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Parmesan Chicken with Lemon Rice by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Winter Citrus Salad with a Honey Drizzle by Culinary Adventures with Camilla