There are so many wonderful vegetables available in the autumn months, that I just had to create this Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley as a side dish.
A little sweetness from the cranberries and crunch from the pecans bring texture and flavor to the dish. It’s a nice choice to add to your holiday side table.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a nominal commission if products are purchased through links at no additional charge to you.
Ingredients for Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley
Do you have your shopping list handy? You’re going to want to add a few things to it!
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Reconstituted Dried Cranberries
- Pecans (from Millican Pecan)
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Tea (from the Republic of Tea)
How Do You Reconstitute Dried Cranberries?
For this recipe, I used Apple Cider Tea to reconstitute them. Reconstitute means rehydrate. Plumping up the berries gives them a better texture when mixed with the other vegetables in this recipe.
You could use plain water but the Apple Cider Tea adds such great flavor that you just can’t get with water.
This is not a difficult recipe to make but butternut squash and sweet potatoes can be difficult to cut.
Tip 1: Peel the butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Discard the peelings or save them for stock or composting.
Tip 2: Using a sharp knife and a lot of elbow grease cut both the butternut squash and sweet potato into a larger size dice but not too big. They should be bite-sized.
Tip 3: Don’t use too small of a baking dish. You don’t want the vegetables crowded.
Tip 4: Toss the vegetables well so they are coated before baking.
Tip 5: Toss halfway through baking, don’t do it any sooner. You want some caramelized edges on the vegetables while they bake.
Tip 6: The butternut squash and sweet potatoes should be cooked through. Be sure to test with a fork for doneness.
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes
Roasting vegetables gives them so much flavor. Try my roasted fingerling potatoes, peppers, and onions with garlic and thyme or roasted balsamic acorn squash and shallots as a side dish all season long.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review on the recipe card below.
Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Hot Apple Cider Tea bags
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Butternut squash
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Steep two tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes then remover the tea bags. Place dried cranberries into a medium bowl. Reconstitute the dried cranberries by pouring the hot liquid over the cranberries and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a small bowl combine oil, honey, and brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- Place the butternut squash and sweet potato pieces along with the reconstituted cranberries and pecans in a baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.
- Pour the honey mixture over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Roast vegetables in preheated 400℉ oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the squash and sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Toss before serving. Serve hot.