All-American patriotic dessert tarts are a great way to celebrate the 4th of July. Decorating with red, white and blue puts me in the mood to celebrate the freedoms that our country affords us. It’s a time to remember those who have served our country to give us those freedoms as well. Our founding father’s endured a great deal for what they believed.
Gathering with friends and family for picnics or backyard barbecues is a highlight of the holiday, along with fireworks of course. Sometimes, when having a group of people over you need one or two easy, throw together dishes. I don’t think there is a simpler dessert to make for a group. Plus, it looks festive. While the recipe makes 6 individual tarts, because you only make the pudding then assemble the tarts, it’s easy to make more or less. I wouldn’t recommend trying to make this dessert in a larger pie crust. The presentation of a slice from a larger pie probably wouldn’t hold together, being that it’s pudding.
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- ¾ cup cold milk
- 6 single-serve graham cracker tart crusts
- Reddi-Whip topping
- Fresh blueberries
- Chopped fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl beat pudding mix and milk with a wire whisk until it thickens. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, spoon pudding evenly into 6 tart shells. Top with Reddi-Whip, a few blueberries and chopped strawberries.
- Serve immediately.