This fresh strawberry ice cream is made with field fresh strawberries that are bursting with flavor. Lightly sweetened it makes the perfect end to a summer meal.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples from the sponsor companies but, as always, opinions are mine.
Each year we try to pick strawberries when they are in season. I love using them in my fresh strawberry ice cream. This is creamy richness bursting with intense strawberry flavor but it’s not overly sweet. It’s a non-custard ice cream which means it does not require eggs. Personally, I prefer to make ice cream without eggs. I think it’s because when I first started making ice cream I was inexperienced and didn’t want to end up with scrambled eggs.
I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker, you can see the one I use in the recipe card, that simplifies the job. During the hot summer months, I keep the freezer bowl in my freezer so I can make ice cream any time. On the day we made this batch, my boys actually did all the work. As they are getting older, I give them more responsibility in the kitchen so they can learn to cook. It’s really fun to watch them together.
This fresh strawberry ice cream would also be a great base for a milk shake, to top a slice of Mom’s Southwest Georgia Pound Cake or make a sundae with other favorite flavors. Ice cream sandwiches with this ice cream. Use chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies. Top one cookie with the strawberry ice cream and put a second cookie on top. Roll sides in nuts or sprinkles.
Tips to making Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream:
- Use fresh, plump strawberries that are glossy, not dull.
- Use Dixie Crystals confectioners’ sugar. Why confectioners’? Because granulated will give the ice cream a grainy texture. Confectioners’ sugar is finer, incorporates easily and I can always count on Dixie Crystals to give great results.
- Start with a cup of confectioners’ sugar. You may not need more. Whether or not you do will depend on how sweet the berries are. This particular time I used about one and a quarter cup of confectioners’ sugar.
- Don’t use frozen strawberries. Trust me on this one, I’ve tried and it just doesn’t set up well.
Fresh strawberries are a favorite ingredient of mine. Fresh strawberry lemonade and strawberry crumble are just two other recipes my family enjoys. If you’ve never had Florida strawberries, they are sweet and delicious and available during the winter months. Produce is always better when it’s grown closer to where you live, for so many reasons. I always like to buy local when I can.
Variations: Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or add 1/2 cup chopped pecans. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Variations: Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are mine We would like to thank our sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.