This winter white hot chocolate was a first for me and my family. We’ve never had a white hot chocolate but my oldest son loves white chocolate so I thought I’d try making some. Plus, I myself have been on a bit of white chocolate kick. During the holidays Ghirardelli chocolate chips were on sale so I purchase a variety, including white chips.
I’ve made a couple of other recipes with the white chips that will show up here on the blog soon. This winter white hot chocolate is deliciously different than my ultimate hot chocolate. Both are creamy and delicious, perfect for warming up on a chilly day. It’s not as sweet as a traditional hot chocolate.
I will say you do need to be a fan of white chocolate to enjoy this drink. It’s perfect for kids but if you want to pep it up for adults add your favorite liqueur. Peppermint schnapps, Irish cream, or hazelnut liqueur would all be good choices.
As I’ve said in many recipes before, use a good quality chocolate. You will be glad you did and it will make all the difference in the world.
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 105mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 28g Protein: 7g
- An Old Fashioned by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingerbread Smoothie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Malted Hot Cocoa by Our Good Life
- Masala Chai by Palatable Pastime
- Salted Nutella Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Soursop Soother by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan Date-Sweetened Hot Cocoa by The Baking Fairy
- Winter White Hot Chocolate by Family Around the Table