You’re probably sick of brownie recipes by now. I’ve lost mental count on how many are now on this blog. What can I say? My family loves brownies. So, when you just need chocolate, pure, fudgy chocolate, turn to these ultimate fudgy brownies. These come to you via Taste of Home Tuesday. When I saw this recipe in the magazine I knew I needed to make it.
The recipe calls for lining the pan with parchment paper. That’s a really hard to do. So, unless you are extremely proficient at this task, the edges of the brownies will not look pretty. But, not to worry, the end result is delicious.
There are not nuts in the recipe but you could certainly add some if you like. While either pecans or walnuts would be good, and I like both, I think walnuts would be a great choice here.
My fellow Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editors share more recipes and you can find the links at the bottom of the post. Thank you to Jolene from Jolene’s Recipe Journal for managing this weeks post.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, optional
- 2-3/4 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugars, butter, water and, if desired, coffee granules; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips and stir until melted. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until foamy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla; gradually whisk in chocolate mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake on a lower oven rack 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with parchment paper, remove brownies from pan. Cut into squares.