I’m sharing one of my favorite, and probably oldest, recipes in my collection for Sunday Supper’s holiday dessert event. My Mom got this recipe a very long time ago. It kind of sounds funny to say that but it was about 26 or 27 years ago. It quickly became a family favorite as my Mom made it many, many times throughout the years. I have made it more times than I can count for everything from Christmas to Easter because it’s a beautiful cake for any occasion. Being a 3 layer cake, it’s a show stopper and always WOW’s guests. My Mom had the brilliant idea, because she thought that sometimes 3 layers was too much (silly Mom), she would frost 2 layers for her gathering and then give a single layer to a neighbor. Me…I’m a bit more selfish…I want it all for myself. This cake is that good. I will share, but secretly, I want it all to myself.
Although this cake starts with a mix, there are a few steps. First you must toast the coconut. I do this in a pan in melted butter over LOW heat. Don’t rush this process or you will burn the coconut. Trust me on this one. The layers are delicate so use care when removing from the pans. When topping the cake with additional toasted coconut, gently press into the frosting.
Thank you to T.R. from Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting this weeks event.
Bars and Cookies
- Frosted Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Shortbread Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- The Best Pecan Pie Bars by Life Tastes Good
- Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Clementine Cake with Cranberry Glaze by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coconut Pecan Cake with Coconut Rum Frosting by The Chef Next Door
- Coconut Syrup Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Japanese Sugar Plum Fairy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Moms Texas Sheet Cake by My Life Cookbook
- Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Rave Review Coconut Cake by Family Around The Table
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Chocolate Eggnog Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Raspberry Cheesecake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Patch Cocktail by Wholistic Woman
- Black Bottom Oatmeal Pie by This is How I Cook
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Perfect Plum Pie from Art of the Pie #Giveaway by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pumpkin Spice Mochi by Cricket’s Confections
- Purple Yam-Ube Blueberry Tart by Asian in America
- Swedish Apple Pie Cups with Date Caramel Sauce by Simple and Savory
Puddings and Creams
- Arroz Con Leche with Coconut and Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Cranberry Apple Croissant Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Rauhreif – German Apple Dessert by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.