Madeleines are such a pretty cookie. I have always loved the look of them. In the past I’ve just made plain ones but thought, since we were celebrating pumpkin, I’d try my hand at pumpkin madeleines. Well, they were a hit with family and friends and I even had recipe requests.
Traditional Madeleines are more like a cake than a cookie. It’s actually a sponge cake. I have always loved Madeleines. My boys had them for the first time a few months ago. I’ve made them a few times but not very often. That changed when I got a new Madeleine pan. These pumpkin Madeleines were the first batch from using my new pan. I promise they won’t be my last.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin puree
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a Madeleine pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the flour, eggs, salt and baking powder. Whip on high speed until thick, about 3 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and continue mixing. Slowly add butter and sugar, whipping another 2 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy. Fold in pumpkin puree with a rubber spatula until just mixed. Stirring just enough to incorporate.
- Spoon the batter into the molds, filling each well about 2/3 full. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and unmold immediately. If you need to use the same madeleine pan for the balance of the batter, wash, dry and repeat with non-stick spray. If you just fill with more batter, the madeleines will stick a bit.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar when cool.
Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Empanadas from Caroline’s Cooking
Gluten Free Pumpkin Crepe Cake from Gluten Free Crumbley
Kabak Tatlisi from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Mexican Braised Pumpkin with Pork from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Bread Pudding from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Cheesecake Cream Puffs from Cooking With Carlee
Pumpkin Churros from The Redhead Baker
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cornbread from Feeding Big
Pumpkin Hummus from The Freshman Cook
Pumpkin Madeleines from Family Around The Table
Fall Festival Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Pumpkin Pierogies with Brown Butter Sauce from Palatable Pastime
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte with Rum Chata from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Whipped Cinnamon Pumpkin Honey Butter from Making Miracles