Fall is in the air and it’s #PumpkinWeek! My Mom loved pumpkin bread and this is her spiced pumpkin pecan bread recipe. It was a staple in our home every fall. Going through her recipes recently, I found it and decided to make it for a friend who was having a bad week. I named the recipe Gigi’s spiced pumpkin pecan bread because my boys called her Gigi rather than Grandma. My Mom actually wrote on the recipe that it is “very good” and she’s right! It’s moist with great texture and a bit of crunch from the pecans. This recipe makes 2 loaves
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 100% pure pumpkin
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate larger bowl mix pumpkin, brown sugar, juice, eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture and 3/4 cup of the pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into each of the loaf pans. Sprinkle remaining nuts over the top of each loaf.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Adorable Turkey Crust Pumpkin Pie from Kudos Kitchen by Renee.
Amish Pumpkin Roll from Palatable Pastime.
Double Pumpkin Gnocchi from Caroline’s Cooking.
Gigi’s Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bread from Family Around The Table.
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal in the slow cooker from Feeding Big.
Lisa’s Pumpkin Soup from Cooking With Carlee.
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes from The Crumby Cupcake.
Pecan Pumpkin Cobbler from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.
Pumpkin Bread from The Freshman Cook.
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze from Making Miracles.
Pumpkin Brulee Tart from The Redhead Baker.
Pumpkin Cookies with Butter Rum Icing from Grumpy’s Honeybunch.
Pumpkin Creme Brulee from Love and Confections.
Pumpkin Glazed Bacon from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Pumpkin Laksa from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pumpkin Milkshake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Muffins from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings.
Pumpkin Pretzel Bites from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures.
Pumpkin Spice Affogato from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Pumpkin Spice Granola from The Chef Next Door.
Spiced Pumpkin Cider from Gluten Free Crumbley